Hi wonder if anyone can help . I have just purchased a Inspiron 2350 all in one PC with the i7 processor. I really like the machine but i am really suprised how quickly the fan kicks in when just doing routine web surfing with minimal windows open etc ! Does anyone have experience of this or is this normal? If not any suggestions on how to rectify this would be greatly appreciated . Could this be a faulty machine ?
Please try running Hardware Diagnostic on your computer to check if there is any hard ware issue.
1. Power on the system, at Dell logo tap F12 continuously every second, this will take you to Advanced boot options.
2. With the help of the arrow keys, choose diagnostics option and run the diagnostics.
Please update us about the result. Incase you get any error code provide the same to us.
If you do not get any error message, check the system in safe mode with networking
If Your system is running Windows 7 follow the steps below
1) Restart your computer.
2) When the Dell logo screen appears, press F8 several times.
3) With the help of up and down arrow keys, choose safemode with networking and hit enter.
If your system is running Windows 8 follow the steps below
1) Press the Power button at the Windows login screen or in the Settings charm. Then, press and hold the SHIFT key on your keyboard and click Restart.
2) Windows will ask you to choose an option. Press Troubleshoot.
3) In the Troubleshoot screen, press Advanced options.
4) In the Advanced options screen, press Startup Settings.
5) Press Restart.
6) Your computer or device restarts again and displays nine startup settings, including Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking and Safe Mode with Command Prompt
7) F5 to enable Safe Mode with Networking
Please check if the system works fine. We will be waiting for your response.
I have the exact same problem/symptom. I aslo just received the new Inspiron 2350 all-in-one with i7 processor and its fan also kicks in within minutes. I've updated the BIOS to A09 but that didn't resolve the issue. Actually I'm quite dissapointed with this issue. Had I known about this earlier, I would have chosen another product.
Thanks for the response . I feel the same way about the PC wish I had not bought it am now considering getting the engineer out to see if they can improve things ! Should be a lot smoother and quieter for a machine of this spec ! Wish I had bought an iMac