Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 5th, 2017 03:00

Finding the correct firmware ?

hi,

I have some older Thin clients , that i want to make sure are updated to latest firmware. But i'm having a hard time finding the correct material.

info below.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

April 5th, 2017 12:00

Do this, this, and this help?

Be sure to read the last one all the way to the last post.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

April 11th, 2017 08:00

The code has now been moved to the Wyse Self-Service Portal at https://support.wyse.com/OA_HTML/ibuhpage.jsp You will need to register to gain access. Please note that A Wyse Device Bundled License is automatically included with the purchase of a Wyse ThinOS or Xenith client. The Device Bundled License provides you with software upgrades (distributed via Customer Support) for 90 days after product purchase. Proof of Purchase is required. 

After 90 days, a Software Maintenance is required to continue to have access to the software upgrades via our Self-Service Portal. For more information on Wyse Software Maintenance Program, please visit the following URL:http://www.wyse.com/products/softwar...ance/index.asp

Upgrading Dell Wyse ThinOS clients at firmware version 8 and below can be accomplished by using an FTP server, modifying the WNOS.INI file and placing the necessary file in the WNOS directory. Complete instructions are provided in the attached document below (English only).

CAUTION:
Upgrading Dell Wyse ThinOS thin clients is only recommended if the firmware version on your thin client is the same major version or the "PREVIOUS" major version. E.G.

• 7.1_033 to 7.1_130
  • 7.0 to 7.1
  • 6.5 to 7.0
  • 6.4 to 6.5, etc.

FAILURE TO DO THIS MAY RENDER YOUR THIN CLIENT USELESS

• You cannot upgrade your thin client from 6.x to 7.1 or 8.0 directly. You need to follow the guidelines listed above.

FAILURE TO DO THIS MAY RENDER YOUR THIN CLIENT USELESS

WTOS_-_FTP-HTTP-HTTPS_Upgrade_Methods_-_Rev_F_-_KB10566[1]_642194

No Events found!