speedstep
6 Thallium

Re: Firewire?

Texas Instruments is not DELL.

www.ti.com/.../sllt199.pdf

The quite cheap adapters will blow up your dell frying everything or do nothing at all.

USB Signals are 5v and Firewire are 12v.  Plugging 12v into a 5v device will not end well.

The dell community forum is not for support of 3rd party software or hardware.

Other than the Pixela Device there are no USB to firewire Devices in existence.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
kr236rk
3 Silver

No more mythical cables which no-one can vouch for please - let's get back on topic. Thanks.

0 Kudos
rdunnill
5 Rhenium

A reviewer on Amazon UK states that this Startech Firewire card with video editing software works well with the 530s.

0 Kudos
kr236rk
3 Silver

That's brilliant news, thank you! - to be able to use my 3CCD Panny again will be a cause for celebration 🙂

0 Kudos
rdunnill
5 Rhenium

My pleasure!

0 Kudos
kr236rk
3 Silver

Many thanks - fingers crossed - will update! 🙂

0 Kudos
speedstep
6 Thallium

A reviewer on Amazon UK states that this Startech Firewire card with video editing software works well with the 530s.

Amazon However says:

Item Under Review

This product is not currently offered by Amazon.co.uk because a customer recently told us that the item he or she received was not as described.

We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you may still find this product available from other sellers on this page.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
rdunnill
5 Rhenium

I haven't had any problems with Startech products: even the PCIe-x16-to-PCIe-x1 adapter worked as advertised, allowing the use of a PCEe-x16 video card in place of the much more expensive HIS 6450 PCIe-x1.

0 Kudos
kr236rk
3 Silver

Have ordered the product though - if it is unsatisfactory the Bay will always accept items back ~ that's the good thing about Customer Support - if you present a clear-cut case; and anyway it is in the vendor's intrerest to attract favourable ratings. Fingers and toes still firmly crossed though 😉

0 Kudos
rdunnill
5 Rhenium

Let us know how it works out.

0 Kudos