BonsaiBill
1 Copper

Front audio jack works but not not rear audio jack

My  new Logitech speakers work fine if I plug them into front audio jack.Get no signal if plugged into rear audio jack. Have default sound card. Any suggestions on what I need to try would be most welcomed.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

RE: Front audio jack works but not not rear audio jack

Hi, 

Is the issue only with the logitech speaker or have you tried another set of speakers or headsets  at the rear jack.

Regards

DELL-Hemalatha P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Dell Support Videos 
Drivers and Downloads

0 Kudos
Highlighted
kirkd
4 Ruthenium

Are you sure you are using the green speaker socket?

If you indeed have a sound card, you should have two sets of sockets. Try the other set.

XPS M1530, Win 10 CU Pro 32-bit
Inspiron E1705, Win 10 CU Pro 32-bit
Dimension 9100, Win 10 AU Pro 32 bit
Inspiron 660, Win 10 CU 64 bit
Inspiron 3668, Win 10 CU 64 bit
Asus T100 Tablet, Windows 10 CU 32 bit

0 Kudos
BonsaiBill
1 Copper

Thanks for the replies. First, I have problems with other speakers as well.

As for sound card, I misspoke. I have only one set of jacks in the back. I know that I plugged in to the green jack. That was the first thing I checked.

One possible clue. I had another speaker that did initially work. However, after updates speaker stopped working. I don't recall if they were MS or other. I tried speaker in a laptop (both have Win 8.1) and it didn't work there either. I checked Logitech speakers on the laptop and they work.

Is there some Device Setting that could be the problem. With my very limited knowledge I found no clues and even set the AMD sound properties back to default..

Again, any ideas would be most appreciated.

0 Kudos
kirkd
4 Ruthenium

Most likely, Win 10 installed a Microsoft generic driver. You didn't say what Dell model. Go to the driver page on the Dell site and look for a Win 8 driver. of not any or it doesn't work, you need to go to the audio supplier's site and look for one.

XPS M1530, Win 10 CU Pro 32-bit
Inspiron E1705, Win 10 CU Pro 32-bit
Dimension 9100, Win 10 AU Pro 32 bit
Inspiron 660, Win 10 CU 64 bit
Inspiron 3668, Win 10 CU 64 bit
Asus T100 Tablet, Windows 10 CU 32 bit

0 Kudos
BonsaiBill
1 Copper

I would like to blame it on Win !0 but have yet to install it on my computer. Sorry about not identifying computer but I have an XPS 8700. I bought it last year.

If driver problem wouldn't both front and back  jacks fail to work?

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos