Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

September 8th, 2015 18:00

Front audio jack works but not not rear audio jack

My  new Logitech speakers work fine if I plug them into front audio jack.Get no signal if plugged into rear audio jack. Have default sound card. Any suggestions on what I need to try would be most welcomed.

Thanks

September 9th, 2015 07:00

Hi, 

Is the issue only with the logitech speaker or have you tried another set of speakers or headsets  at the rear jack.

Regards

5.2K Posts

September 9th, 2015 08:00

Are you sure you are using the green speaker socket?

If you indeed have a sound card, you should have two sets of sockets. Try the other set.

September 9th, 2015 09:00

Thanks for the replies. First, I have problems with other speakers as well.

As for sound card, I misspoke. I have only one set of jacks in the back. I know that I plugged in to the green jack. That was the first thing I checked.

One possible clue. I had another speaker that did initially work. However, after updates speaker stopped working. I don't recall if they were MS or other. I tried speaker in a laptop (both have Win 8.1) and it didn't work there either. I checked Logitech speakers on the laptop and they work.

Is there some Device Setting that could be the problem. With my very limited knowledge I found no clues and even set the AMD sound properties back to default..

Again, any ideas would be most appreciated.

5.2K Posts

September 9th, 2015 16:00

Most likely, Win 10 installed a Microsoft generic driver. You didn't say what Dell model. Go to the driver page on the Dell site and look for a Win 8 driver. of not any or it doesn't work, you need to go to the audio supplier's site and look for one.

September 9th, 2015 18:00

I would like to blame it on Win !0 but have yet to install it on my computer. Sorry about not identifying computer but I have an XPS 8700. I bought it last year.

If driver problem wouldn't both front and back  jacks fail to work?

Thanks for your help.

No Events found!