I've tried two diferrent USB wireless adapters, one running fine on another computer with the same results. It seems as though the USB connection is chocking off the data that is coming in from the web, like it's running 1.0 instead of USB 2.0. Even the ping speeds show just 73ms like it does on the cable. I've tried everything I can think of, including downloading the chipsets from Dell but so far no change.
You can easily verify if 2.0 is enabled. Go to the Device Manager and display the USB. If one of the entries shows "Enhanced Controller" then you have USB 2.0.
If you have the USB 2.0, repost this in the Networking/Wireless section HERE so those more familiar with wireless can assist you.
Dell forum member since 2002
Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop
Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU
Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.
Dell S2719dgf Monitor
Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.
Thanks for the reply, Fireberd. Yes, I did check in Device Manager and the one USB is shown as a 2.0 enhanced controller. I just can't figure what the bottleneck is. I did go ahead and post in the other forum as well. Thanks for the advise.