Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 5th, 2009 11:00

Getting back to the beginning

When I first received my machine (Dim E310) ... there were several Dell applications on there to handle some of the Dell specific service and upgrade requirements.  From what I can remember, this would check the Dell site every so often and look for Dell specific upgrades, similar to what the Windows Update feature does for the OS. 

I recently had to rebuild the machine ... using the original OS disk that came with the package.  I did not, however, have the Dell drivers CD for whatever reason, so I was forced to download the drivers from the Dell support site (which was more than a little tricky given that one of the drivers required was the network card that would give me access to the internet).

I downloaded and installed most, if not all of the 'required' drivers from the Dell support site.  And it would seem that most of the hardware is working again, although I am getting some flaky issues from the network adapter (Linksys USB wireless) ... which could be the adapter itself OR the USB driver(s).

Noticeably missing from the new installation, however, are the Dell service/support applications.  I am curious as to where I might be able to acquire these from, if they are at all available.  My primary concern is to get an application running on my machine that will automatically keep the hardware drivers up to date.

Thanks for any help anybody can provide!

No Responses!
No Events found!