Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 8th, 2010 14:00

Graphics Card Upgrade Problems

I own an old Dimension 4550.  I recently got an ATI Radeon X1300 AGP card and it doesn't seem to be working.  I'm wondering if it's not getting enough power.  Does anyone know if my computer should be able to support this card?

Thank you.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 8th, 2010 14:00

Does the PC post with the video card installed? Do you get all the way into windows? Did the X1300 driver get loaded?

5 Posts

August 9th, 2010 17:00

No signal was sent to the monitor so I couldn't tell how far the PC got.  I didn't install the driver.  I thought I'd end up having to download it once the computer was up and running.  I was told that I should still get something on my screen even without installing the driver yet.  But nothing.  Trying to figure out if the card is no good or if my computer cannot support it.

Thanks.

3.7K Posts

August 10th, 2010 05:00

I was told that I should still get something on my screen even without installing the driver ye
#

That is normally true in the case of Vista and Win 7. Can you make sure the the card is seated firm into the AGP slot on your mobo, by removing it, then slotting it back in. Also making sure there is no dirt in the AGP slot, and the gold connectors are not damaged, in the case of a second hand card.

5 Posts

August 10th, 2010 17:00

I've removed and installed it a few times.  The gold connectors appear to be in good shape.  I was wondering if it's not getting enough power.  How could I find out what the power requirement is and how much my computer supplies?

6 Posts

November 18th, 2010 19:00

I've removed and installed it a few times. The gold connectors appear to be in good shape. I was wondering if it's not getting enough power. How could I find out what the power requirement is and how much my computer supplies?

If you think it's a bug, You may submit it as a bug.
No Events found!