Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

June 7th, 2016 20:00

HDMI video out vs. RGB for TV

I know very little about video in general so I'm wondering what, if anything other than audio on the same cable, I'm assuming, would be the advantage to using an HDMI cable over the old RS232 video and audio cables between a Dimension 9200 and a flat screen TV in our office?  This is a new construction office that I'm building the network for so, before the sheetrock goes up, I'm trying to keep the room clean by hiding as many of the wires as I can for the TV that will be mounted on the wall but will be essentially using the TV as a monitor for our "webinars".  The Dimension will need a video card with HDMI out so I was wondering if anyone could also suggest a newer video card that would fit this older PC?  The original video card is listed as "CARD (CIRCUIT), GRAPHICS, 7300, LOW ENCRYPTION, MRMGA10, 2" in the System Configuration so it has a port that will support an adapter/splitter for two screens.  Is this card enough to run the TV with a HDMI adapter?

Thanks.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

June 8th, 2016 09:00

To simplify the setup, I would purchase locally a video card with HDMI out that will work using the systems 375w power supply. The video card specifications will tell you what power supply is needed.

47 Posts

June 10th, 2016 14:00

Thank you Chris.  Sorry I did not reply sooner.  I thought I'd get an e-mail alerting me to any replies but did not.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

June 10th, 2016 19:00

Must be a Forum issue. You had "Reply notifications on".

No Events found!