2 Bronze

HELP~! XPS 8700 Special Edition GTX 650ti Mini HDMI Type?

Jump to solution

Hello all ,

I just received my new XPS 8700 Special Edition desktop yesterday, really excited about it. However, the HDMI port on the graphic card(GTX 650ti HDMI) is not a regular HDMI port, it is a mini or macro HDMI port, so I cannot hook up my monitor to the port. I did a little bit research on the internet, found out that there a few Mini HDMI types, such as Type C and D, they are all smaller than the regular HDMI port (Type A? I guess),., Can someone tell me which type of Mini HDMI calbe I should purchase in order to connect the monitor to the graphic card? Thank you SO VERY MUCH ~!!!:emotion-2:

Shawn  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
4 Germanium

Re: HELP~! XPS 8700 Special Edition GTX 650ti Mini HDMI Type?

Jump to solution

It's a mini HDMI connector so one of these HERE will work just fine.  Most people use DVI since there is no difference in quality between the two.  I have tried both and I prefer DVI. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
4 Germanium

Jump to solution

It's a mini HDMI connector so one of these HERE will work just fine.  Most people use DVI since there is no difference in quality between the two.  I have tried both and I prefer DVI. 

View solution in original post

2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Thank you so much for the kind reply~!!! DVI seems are more tight connection due to the screw-on feature?

0 Kudos