Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 11th, 2010 02:00

HELP no Sound

I recently uninstalled a programme off my computer that I was meaning to do for a while and I must of uninstalled the sound too because now I have no sound at all. I dont know how I did it but I did, I thought the volume was just low and so I went to volume control and it came up "there are no active mixer devices available" which is not normal at all so I assume there is nothing. I have checked everywhere on the hard-drive and I cant find anything!!! I have a dell 4600

any suggestions????

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

February 11th, 2010 03:00

First thing to try, use the System Restore function and restore the PC back to a date PRIOR to uninstalling whatever you removed.  This will restore whatever you removed but it should also restore the sound and then you can go from there.  System Restore can be accessed from Start/Programs/System Tools/Accessories.

3 Posts

February 11th, 2010 15:00

I tried that but it still doesnt work. I dont think it stored anything the day when I uninstalled a programme.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

February 12th, 2010 03:00

Next step is to reinstall the sound drivers.  If you still have the Dell Drivers and Utilities disc it is on there.  If not, HERE are the Dell downloads and you can download it here.  ONLY use the Blue "Download" button to download, DO NOT use the Dell Download manager as it has caused a lot of problems.

There are four Audio drivers listed, the Analog Devices and three SoundBlaster.  If you have the standard Integrated (on the motherboard) audio download the Analog Devices driver.  If you have an optional SoundBlaster you will have to select the correct one for your SoundBlaster card.

3 Posts

February 13th, 2010 22:00

IT WORKED!! You're a legend. Thank you so much for your help, it was much appreciated!

No Events found!