Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

E

February 23rd, 2009 17:00

HL-DT-STDVD-ROM_GDRH10N Error 39

I recently reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled Windows Vista. I have been using it just fine for over a week. I have even used the CD Rom several times since then. One day while checking my device manager I noticed that the DVD Rom had an error on it. It was error 39, it had found the driver but couldn't install it. I tried to update it and it said it had the most updated driver. Now it doesn't show up in My Computer and I can't use it. I can't even use the device driver disk that came with my computer. I checked under Dell's driver and supports both under my service tag, under the model # and just in general and I cannot find a driver for this. Can anyone help?

14.4K Posts

February 23rd, 2009 18:00

Hello ebaum78 and welcome to the Dell forums

A fix for this will involve delving into the registry. Read the info in THIS LINK. IF you feel confident in working in the registry you can scroll down to the advance section and follow the steps.

3 Posts

February 24th, 2009 10:00

Thank you so much for your help! I will try this as soon as I get home today.

3 Posts

February 24th, 2009 16:00

It worked!! Thank you.

Just one more question.... Should I go back into Device Manager to make sure it's not showing an error or should I just leave well enough alone?

14.4K Posts

February 24th, 2009 18:00

Great :emotion-21: You are welcome

Don't see any reason if you want to. It should be listed as ok.

No Events found!