Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 28th, 2015 14:00

HOWTO Re-Install McAfee Security Center

Inadvertently uninstalled McAfee not knowing we had a 3 year license for it.

Don't know where to go to get basic media to re-install distro so we can get Digital Purchases to install the 3 year license.

Is there anything in the restore area?

Thanks

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

January 28th, 2015 19:00

If you purchased McAfee software with 3-year license from Dell, you can try My Dell Downloads or this McAfee page for Dell users.

50 Posts

January 29th, 2015 13:00

If you purchased McAfee software with 3-year license from Dell, you can try My Dell Downloads or this McAfee page for Dell users.

Thanks.  I did what you recommended and then restarted the Digital Distribution download again which was ultimately successful.

HOWEVER, the download and install of the 3-yr license via Digital Distribution has not updated the expiration date in the license on the desktop.  It was my understanding that installing the 3-yr license downloaded via Digital Distribution would update the expiration date of the McAfee product beyond the 30-day trial period.

Your suggestions appreciated.

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

January 29th, 2015 14:00

You may have to go the McAfee site and log in to your account and/or (re-)register the software before the expiry date gets updated.

And if that doesn't work and you have proof you paid (whoever) for a 3 year contract, you may have to contact the company's support group.

No Events found!