jjon90
2 Iron

Re: Has anyone taken delivery of the New Studio XPS 435?

Cosmos,

You can cancel anytime prior to shipping by calling 1-800-247-2076   Option #2 .

Only use this number because it is the only successful method of cancelling/changing an order

0 Kudos
CosmosBlack
2 Bronze

Thank you for the prompt response! Yeah, I copied down that number from your earlier post!

Just want to be sure I can cancel at the last minute, if they delay my delivery further. Also, I just thought of this, if there is any dispute I can always call my credit card company to cancel the transaction.

[size="11"][color="#F0530D"][b]Studio XPS [/color][color="#000000"]435T [/b][/color][/size][size="10"][color="#808080"]- Intel Core i7 920 2.66GHz - 6GB Tri-Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1066MHz - 750GB 7200RPM SATA - 1024MB ATI Radeon 4870 GDDR5 - WinVista Home Premium 64bit - Dell 24" S2409W - Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium - Bose Companion 3 SEries ll - 16X CD/DVD+/-RW - Logitech Illuminated Keyboard - Logitech MX Revolution Mouse[/color][/size]

0 Kudos
BGrerenSF
1 Nickel

jjon90,

I'm wondering.....my order date was 4/9 and delivery is 5/18. Now, that is about 1-1/2mths. If they delay that further, it could end up being 2mths.

As I've mentioned earlier, by that time, I could actually get a better configuration with the same money. My question is would I be able to cancel my order then, just because they couldn't deliver on time?

That's exactly what I did.  I ordered a 435MT on 3/19, given a delivery date of 4/13.  Then the 435T went on special to the point that it cost about $80 more than the MT I ordered (including an upgrade in the video card).  So I went to chat support and asked if I could cancel.  He called me on the phone, canceled the first order and placed the new order, all in under half an hour.  As a bonus, the new order showed a faster delivery date of 4/24 (est. ship date of 4/16).   I'm now expecting a 435T with:

Intel Core i7-920 processor(8MB L2 Cache 2.66GHz)

12GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1066MHz (Running Premiere CS4 and AfterEffects CS3--may need to upgrade to CS4 for AVCHD support)

1024MB ATI Radeon HD 4870 GDDR5

640GB Serial ATA 2 Hard Drive 7200 RPM

Dell Consumer 24 (S2409W)

Microsoft Windows Vista SP1 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition

16X DVD+/-RW and 16X DVD-ROM (I figure BD writers are already cheaper elsewhere, and will be even cheaper in the next few months)

I was slightly perturbed that it was actually not possible to order a wireless keyboard and mouse.  If I selected a wireless combo, it gave a warning that I needed to select "Mouse included with keyboard or Bluetooth package" option on the Mouse selection page, but the page gave no such option to select.  But I can always go buy a wireless keyboard if I want one.

The status still says "In Production."  Waiting for it to change to "Build Stage" any time now, assuming it doesn't get delayed....

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Thanks for posting that information about changing an order (1-800-247-2076 Option #2). Although I do not know if you can cancel and not re-order using that number.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hydroxide
1 Nickel

Hydroxide,

Don't feel bad, the majority of us have been misinformed!

It appears the Dell staff are misinformed also or instructed to tell the customers what they want to hear.

I don't feel bad for myself since I knew several options in my package are "on the list" for shortages.  What seems most puzzling is the apparent randomness in which folks are notified.  Koam has about the same configuration as mine, ordered a month earlier than me and one of his online delays was posted well before its expected date (a week ago) to past what mine was at the time. My update didn't occur until today, and I didn't get an email notice until 7:30 pm EST tonight.  Good thing I have been following this thread, or I might have been tempted to arrange to take tomorrow off so I could have been at home tomorrow for my "promised" phantom delivery.

My old Dimension 8200 is still going well enough that I can wait for quite some time.  I just wish for transparency and consistency from Dell (I know, I'm dreaming).  ...And have gotten 31% off list, I probably won't get a better deal (unless they come out with a i8 processor while I wait for this order to be fulfilled).

Hydrox

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Amixia
1 Nickel

My order (placed 4/7/2009 with an expected ship date of 4/17/2009) is still showing the same estimated delivery date, and still has an order status of "In Production" (with no changes there).

I hope that come Friday I get a message saying that it's been shipped, rather than a delay email.

0 Kudos
oddityben
1 Copper

Never posted here before but I have been lurking in this discussion since I placed my order.  I'm actually a Mac user but I do own a PC which I have for multipurpose use (media server, file server, backup machine, web server, etc.).  My friend picked up the 435T recently and has been extremely happy with it.  He got his within 2 weeks of his order (last month).  I believe his had the 920, 6 GB RAM, CD/DVD Burner, ATI 4670.  I'd been thinking about replacing my Dell Precision 490 workstation for a few months and based on how happy he was with his, I decided to take the plunge.

Here's my configuration:

Studio XPS 435MT, Intel Core i7-920 processor(8MB L2 Cache 2.66GHz)
6GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1067MHz
Dell Consumer Multimedia Keyboard
ATI RADEON HD4670 512MB
750GB Serial ATA 2 Hard Drive 7200 RPM
Dell 19 in 1 Media Card Readerincluded in Dell Bluetooth Package
Blu-ray 6X BD-R, DVD+/-RW Drive with DVD+R double layer write capability
24" widescreen monitor

I ordered mine on 3/31 and my estimated ship date is 4/28.  4 weeks.  I've ordered many PCs and laptops from multiple manufacturers before (HP, Apple, Dell) and have NEVER experienced such ridiculous wait time for a build/shipment.  I've only been waiting 15 days so far and after reading through this discussion thread, I am appalled at how some of the folks here have been treated.  To place an order in Februrary and not have it in April is totally amazing to me.  The lack of communication and the cluelessness of customer service is pretty much so the norm nowadays but that doesn't excuse it IMO.  I know this is a really nice machine at a relatively good price and I'm sure it's worth some wait but come on.  I wonder how people who depend on their machines for day-to-day activities get by.  I can't imagine someone that depends on their PC for a home business having to wait like this.

0 Kudos
DekeRivers
1 Nickel

I think you've summed up the key reason this thread has grown like it has. It is primarily Dell's communication or lack of with its customers. We all know we are ordering the latest and greatest with these systems (435T or MT) i7, DDR3, Blu Ray, ATI Video, Large HD, etc. so there will be some delay. But to delay orders because of part delays and not give the customer options is inexcusable. It's my money, let me decide if I want a larger HD or different video card if it puts the system back on schedule. I have mentioned this on numerous threads and the Idea Storm area - the delay notices need to come with options.

Believe it or not on the Canadian Dell site we don't even get to see the "Preliminary Ship Date" information that is visible on the US Dell site, we are blind until you commit to your order. So I like most, assumed the standard 7-10 business day build - I'm getting mine today (exactly 1 month after ordering). Compared to most I should be happy but 1 month is terrible. You would think that Dell would want an ordered processed as fast as possible - they don't get money until it ships. If I had options emailed to me I would probably be more than willing to tweak the system to save a few weeks and Dell would get paid quicker.

IMO I wouldnt wait longer than 3 weeks for a build, and those people who got great deals and that's why you're delaying cancelling should check other places out or online coupons. HP is now offering the i7 and DDR3 memory, etc, Gateway has a system with the ATI video cards and i7 processor. These sytems may take a few weeks as well but they won't take 2 months. 30% savings on nothing is nothing, but that's just my opinion. I know I was on the phone yelling after 10 days. The current 17 day build time should be the max for a new system.

Good luck everyone, hopefully mine works when I start it up and the delay isn't foreshadowing of continued problems.

====

STUDIO XPS 435MT SX 435MT, BLM, I7-920 8GB DDR3
BLU-RAY 512MB ATI RADEON HD 4850
Date of Purchase: 15/03/2009
Ship Date: 07/04/2009

Delivery: 15/04/2009

0 Kudos
playbackradio
1 Nickel

It is one day before my projected ship date of 4/16 and I am still in the Build Stage.  I have not received an email, or any other type of communication for that matter, from Dell.  Should I assume that my order will be delayed or shipped on time?

thanks.  era.  www.playbackradio.com

0 Kudos
jniemczuk
1 Copper

First time poster, and had hoped to be an XPS 435MT owner but it was not to be.  I ordered my unit on 3/19.  Like some have reported, the delivery date switched during checkout.  After checkout delivery date was set to 4/22/09.  After checking my order status this morning, the delivery date showed 4/29/09.  No email from Dell though.  I decided I had enough and called the number posted in this thread to cancel (1-800-247-2076, option 2).  The customer service rep took the info, and in a minute came back and said that my order had already been cancelled........and he chuckled.   I said thank you and hung up...I chuckled at myself for waiting 4 weeks just to cancel an order that Dell wasn't going to bother to tell me I wasn't getting anyway.  I then took that annoying online survey that always pops up and let them know how I felt.

Thanks to all of you participating on this thread.  I have found a lot of useful information. I might try to buy again when there actually is product available from Dell.

jn

0 Kudos