i-vol
2 Iron

Re: Has anyone taken delivery of the New Studio XPS 435?

I find it quite unfortunate that relevant 435T/435MT info will be buried within this almost horrifyingly bloated and cumbersome 60+  page "shipping delayed - are-we-there-yet"  thread. 

Dell's forum software leaves a lot to be desired, thus making the ability to find meaningful info virtually impossible in a thread of this nature.  Seems far more prudent to post actual 435 information within a subject specific thread of substance.

435MT  i7 920 • 6GB DDR3 1066Mhz Tri-Channel • 1.28TB 2x640GB ~ RAID 0 • 1TB WD eSATA|500GB USB
             ATI Radeon 4850 512MB
• 2 x DVD+/-RW • 24" HP w2408h HDMI @ 1920 x 1200
             435MT|435T Manual/Downloads/RAM Info 
•  System Performance Monitoring

0 Kudos
jjon90
2 Iron

I-vol,

We're just posting all this irrelevant info to lure you back to the thread!  Welcome back! Is the 435 owners thread going in the same direction??

0 Kudos

* removed *

0 Kudos
i-vol
2 Iron

We're just posting all this irrelevant info to lure you back to the thread!

Actually, it was the RELEVANT info that got me back in, hence the wish for the inclusion of all  relevant 435 info in a thread that wouldnt require some poor jackdaw to wade through 901 different ways to spell redundant.   

435MT  i7 920 • 6GB DDR3 1066Mhz Tri-Channel • 1.28TB 2x640GB ~ RAID 0 • 1TB WD eSATA|500GB USB
             ATI Radeon 4850 512MB

0 Kudos
jjon90
2 Iron

ERROR, posted twice!!

0 Kudos
jjon90
2 Iron

Woohoo!  My 435T has finally shipped!  It went from the "Build" stage straight to "Shipped".

I originally ordered on 3/26 and it's currently set to arrive this Friday.  Hopefully everyone who ordered prior to 3/26 has already gotten theirs shipped at well.

Leroy,

Congrats!

Be prepared to do a lot of protective film removal! Take your time with the updates (I downloaded them one at a time) and you'll be amazed and happy you ordered and didn't cancel

0 Kudos
CosmosBlack
2 Bronze

Mine went BACKWARDS! Nice job Dell!

When I called a week ago, it was in "Build" stage, today it's in "Pre-production".

Again, you just can't take those status indicators seriously, it's a JOKE of a process you have, Dell!

Although, on the website status, it had always been in Pre-production and in production all along (split into 2 orders - system, and mouse & keyboard)

[size="11"][color="#F0530D"][b]Studio XPS [/color][color="#000000"]435T [/b][/color][/size][size="10"][color="#808080"]- Intel Core i7 920 2.66GHz - 6GB Tri-Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1066MHz - 750GB 7200RPM SATA - 1024MB ATI Radeon 4870 GDDR5 - WinVista Home Premium 64bit - Dell 24" S2409W - Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium - Bose Companion 3 SEries ll - 16X CD/DVD+/-RW - Logitech Illuminated Keyboard - Logitech MX Revolution Mouse[/color][/size]

0 Kudos
Reese734
1 Nickel

Actually, it was the RELEVANT info that got me back in, hence the wish for the inclusion of all  relevant 435 info in a thread that wouldnt require some poor jackdaw to wade through 901 different ways to spell redundant.   

Go start a new thread.

Dell XPS 435T

Order Date:  02/27

Actually Shipped:  03/12

0 Kudos
i-vol
2 Iron

Go start a new thread.

I personally don't need it but appreciate the sentiment.    I've already spent too much time trying to track down the one post of mine that checked  "email me replies to this post" to try to extracate myself from the 15 reminders a day of someone's order not arriving with a full list of everything they've ever ordered from Dell.   In a state of weakness, I linked into this place again.  But in all seriousness, there really IS some good info on the 435 here, some info that might help someone if only it were easier to find.  Perhaps my biggest complaint today with Dell is the fact they chose some of the worst forum software I've ever encountered.  The 435MT has been great.

ATI Radeon 4850 512MB

0 Kudos
Highlighted
BearcatBrian
1 Nickel

What exactly do you consider relevant? The Boeing gentleman who got the skinny from his dedicated corporate sales rep. is the closest to a believable reason for the delay I've seen. No Dell production line managers in here, so guestimates for the delay and people sharing their order / spec / esd info is all a reasonable person would expect to find.

FYI I spoke with a person in Sales today in the hopes we could have an unscripted conversation. James stated he was aware of "an issue with one vendor two weeks ago, which we can't control" that could have caused delays. According to him it's been resolved and new 435 orders have more normal build times. He said he was not sure which vendor / system component was the cause of the delay.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos