Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

October 7th, 2008 10:00

Help, i can't turn on my xps 730.

i puchase last week, i can't turn it on sometime, i can only hear the fan run. anythings cause the problem?

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

With a new PC, it's best to call Dell support. 

1 Rookie

• 

2.1K Posts

my check the leads from the front of the case, power lead or power switch on motherboard, check that conntection, that is the one that provides power..

look at your main power connector on motherobard, ,and any other connections that are pluged into motherboard. make sure they are snug.

check you power cord  that plugs into the power supply, and wall outlet. 

October 7th, 2008 15:00

It is a very interest problem. when the computer is in sleep mode, i have to press the Start button 3 times to turn the computer on, for example the first time, i can only hear the fan runing, but no signal to the moniter. second time i press it, the hard disk light turn off, and the power light become continue flash. third time, the power off, then i can finally turn the computer on. i don't think the power lead can cause this problem. can anyone help me ?

1 Rookie

• 

2.1K Posts

October 7th, 2008 15:00

go into the setup program and see if there are settings for your powermanagement...sounds like that is your problem.

October 7th, 2008 16:00

Thank you , but how can i get to the powermanagement? and what is the general setting? i just purchase last week, and didn't change anythings, can i get the money back if the problem continue occur?

14.4K Posts

October 7th, 2008 16:00

You have 21 days from the ship date to request a full refund. Otherwise they will either fix yours or offer a possible replacemen system

open control panel and select the power icon to access the power options. Also boot into the bios an see what power state is selected. should be some value with an S like S1, S3

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

October 7th, 2008 18:00

As this thread progresses and the user's comments and confusion, my original recommendation to call Dell Support still stands. 

14.4K Posts

October 7th, 2008 20:00

fireberd

+1

3 Posts

October 7th, 2008 22:00

I am having the same exact problem on a XPS 710 that is 1.5yrs old.

The computer just "froze" in the middle of surfing.  I let it sit a few but everything was locked up.  I pulled the power plug, let it sit 15 seconds and hooked it back up.

As soon as I push the power button, the fans come on but instead of a green light on my power switch, I get a amber light - None of the case LED's come on - No output to monitor - No HDD spinning - just fans running.

Pulled the battery for 5 min and rebooted, nothing. 

I am thinking the power supply has gone bad...

Message Edited by Buckmaw on 10-07-2008 06:30 PM

14.4K Posts

October 7th, 2008 23:00

Try pulling all cards and ram out of the system. for the moment leave the drives connected. press power button note indications. unplug the drives and power it  again note indications.

303 Posts

October 8th, 2008 03:00

sounds like the notorious bad M.B.(motherboard) amber light = bad mobo.........and to the original post person. are your fans running full speed and you have a ambeer light also. if so it's more than likely a bad mobo
No Events found!