Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 28th, 2017 19:00

Help me ! Dell optiplex 3010 sff update bios A17 not boot error led 3 4

I try Dell Celeron CPU but i chang it to CPU i3 3225 and use dual ram KingsTon 2G buss 1066 use normal. Now i check update and have newest bios and update. machine report update sucessfull and reboot. But machine not boot only Led blue power and 3 4 led code. Please help me fix it !

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

December 29th, 2017 12:00

Did it work with the i3 after you upgraded the CPU, before you ran the BIOS update? And which BIOS update version did you run?

Is power button steady blue or blinking?

If you reboot and immediately press F2, can you open BIOS setup? If you can, copy down all current settings because you may need them later.

3-4 is a RAM error so try this:

Power off and unplug

Press/hold power button for ~15 sec

Open case and remove motherboard battery

Press/hold power button for ~30 sec

Carefully reseat RAM modules in their slots

Reinstall battery

Close up and see if it boots now

If it still won't boot, repeat the process, but remove the module from slot B1, leaving only the one in slot A1.  Then repeat again but swap the other RAM module into slot A1 to see if you can find a bum module. If they both work in slot A1, repeat the process and add the 2nd module to slot B1 to see if there's a bum slot.

2 Posts

December 29th, 2017 17:00

Thanks RoHe Dell support help me it working again it wrong bus Ram menory Op3010 support 1333/1600Mhz, i use ram 1066MHz. May be new bios A17 dont  accept low bus.  

No Events found!