Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

September 11th, 2016 18:00

Help with drivers for GT 730 pci-e x1 in an old Dimension E310

Well, I finally found a Zotac GT 730 pci-e x1 1gb video card online.  Had to buy used as no one has it new anywhere being outdated etc.  The E310 has no pci-e x16 slots so this was my only option besides std pci.  Of course I was not provided any driver cd, etc., but figured I could get at the website which I did... twice.  Unable to get the drivers to be recognized, etc. and have contacted Zotac to see what other options I have... getting a driver cd from them, etc.  Any other suggestions on what I can do.  With other cards in the past I have had to do this from time to time and usually no issues.  One more thing I forgot to add.  Both times that I restarted my comp. after driver download was complete, it froze at the windows starting screen.  This only started happening after I did the driver download.  I did just now get the install of the driver to succeed and in the device manager it now shows the GT 730 named with the yellow exclamation point stating I need to restart for the video card to function properly.  I restart, and back to the frozen start up, have to restart f8 to last successful point, and video card no longer recognized. 

November 10th, 2016 16:00

https://www.ubuntu.com/desktop

Download Ubuntu and try that with the card.

Try download from Nvidia.com, what is your OS?

What hard drive do you have in your PC, how much ram have you got it in?

Maybe try a AMD Radeon x1 card in it.

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

November 10th, 2016 20:00

I had good results using a Startech adapter and a low profile Sapphire 6450.

No Events found!