Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 26th, 2016 03:00

How do I start ePSA for on Inspiron 2330?

I've got an Inspiron 2330 which is failing POST (black screen only), doesn't get as far as the Dell logo / splash screen.

What is the technique for starting ePSA for an all-in-one? I've tried a USB Wired Keyboard, powering on with the D or F12 depressed, but doesn't appear to work.

The PC started off with a BSOD, then failed to find Boot Device. I assumed that the HD was failing, but before I popped it out of the machine it had started failing POST. I have confirmed the HD has a fault (doesn't sound at all good while recovering data from it). Just find the double failure (if that is the case) surprising. i.e. HD and failing POST

November 26th, 2016 18:00

Hi Recce70

Thanks for writing to us.

If the  machine is not bringing up the f12 or the f2 menu via a wired keyboard and not initiating the LCD diagnostics either the keyboard is not recognized or the screen is not working or the motherboard has gone faulty.

Could you please remove the memory modules from the system (if feasible) and power on the machine, observe for any beeps.

Then again try powering the system with one memory module at a time.

Do provide us the system tag# and also confirm the name the system is registered under by

clicking on my name in blue and then select send a private message. Also let us know the contact

number and email address.

Regards

No Events found!