Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 21st, 2012 09:00

How long is it supposed to take Datasafe to Restore Files?

Luckily (I hope) I backed up all my files to Dell Datsafe 3 weeks ago and now my hard drive has crashed I need to restore all my files onto my wifes computer, which is a Dell, I have been able to access individual files successfully, but I now wish to download all files totalling about 25GB.

I started the restore at 9am today and its now 6pm and the screen is still telling me that the "server is preparing to restore", so that's 9 hours and its still preparing......when will it start to restore?

Anybody experienced this?

Ash

December 27th, 2012 04:00

Hi Ash,

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please respond.

Thanks and Regards
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

11 Posts

December 27th, 2012 10:00

Hi sorry have been away over Xmas! I tested a large file restore and it took 48 hours but worked successfully so I need to be more patient! At least I have confidence now that I can retrieve all files. Thanks for your help Ash

December 21st, 2012 23:00

Hi Ash,

The server preparing a restore is not an error. There are many factors involved in data recovery through Dell Datasafe. The factors to be considered are listed below:

1. The amount of data you've previously backed up.
2. The length of time you've been backing up.
3. The number of times you've stopped and restarted it without letting the prior request complete

Hence, once you have initiated a Restore do not cancel it. Just let the restore continue and although it may appear to be taking time and doing nothing the server is actually working on retrieving your data. This will take time in some cases even 48-72 hours to complete.

For more information refer to the link below:

http://dell.to/12vy08L

Please reply for further assistance.

Thanks and Regards
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

December 28th, 2012 09:00

Hi Ash,

Great to know that everything is working fine. Please reply for further assistance.

Wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.

Thanks and Regards
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

No Events found!