Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 2nd, 2014 13:00

How to get rid of Input D-Sub message?

Hello there,

Please bear with me as I'm definitely not the most tech-savvy person. I recently got a new Dell desktop computer (Dell XPS 8700, i7 4th gen processor, 12 GB RAM,1 TB SATA HDD). I hooked it up to my relatively new monitor (BenQ VA GW2750HM). Now whenever I wake up the computer out of sleep mode, I get an annoying message in the center of the screen that says "Input: D-Sub." It hovers there for a few seconds before disappearing. I know it probably sounds like a small thing, but that dumb "Input: D-Sub" message generally hovers over exactly what I need to see, and by the 20th time it happens in a single day it becomes REALLY, REALLY annoying. Is there any way to get rid of it?

I don't believe it's a setting on the monitor because I wasn't having this problem with my previous computer, though I'm certainly open to opinions/suggestions to the contrary. The monitor is plugged into the bottom right port on the back of the computer (pretty idiot-proof: match the blue plug to the blue port). The guy who sold the system to me a month ago said he'd be available for ongoing tech support, but I've asked him about this twice and he just says he'll "research the issue" and then never gets back to me. Any ideas?

THANKS!!!

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

July 3rd, 2014 16:00

Hi D-Red,

The message is the monitor telling you what input it's using. If you are waking your computer 20 times per day, which sounds excessive, then I would suggest increasing the time it takes to go into sleep mode. Or perhaps just disable sleep altogether.

2 Posts

July 3rd, 2014 16:00

Hi Osprey4,

Brilliant! I checked and the wait time was set to 1 minute. I'm a full-time PhD student so I spend whole days going back and forth between books and the computer. So every time I looked at a book for more than a minute, the computer went to sleep. I just put on a screen saver instead of having it go into sleep mode. Presto! No more monitor informing me of what input it's using every few minutes.  :emotion-1:  Thanks, you rock!!!   :emotion-1:

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

July 4th, 2014 05:00

Excellent! Glad to hear that helped.

No Events found!