Highlighted
se7enshots
1 Copper

How to know that I have the correct graphic card?

I ordered an XPS Studio with a 1GB ATI Radeon HD 5870 Graphics card. 

When I look at the device properties it says  ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series, there are 3 models for this series; how can I know that I got the correct graphic card model?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jeff Hoffman
4 Tellurium

Re: How to know that I have the correct graphic card?

Have you looked at the card itself?

Jeff

XPS 8100 i7-860(8MB Cache, 2.8GHz), 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM @ 1333MHz, 750GB SATA 3.0GB/s 16MB Cache, nVidia GeForce GTS2401GB GDDR3, Dell ST2310 Full HD Widescreen Monitor, AverMedia G2 Combo hybrid TV Tuner, dual 16x DVD+/- RW dbl layer, Microsoft LifeCam Cinema HD, Running Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit. 

If your question is answered here on the forums; PLEASE post back! It may help another user.              

0 Kudos
Jeff Hoffman
4 Tellurium

You can also use a free utility such as GPU-Z that will ID the card.

Jeff

XPS 8100 i7-860(8MB Cache, 2.8GHz), 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM @ 1333MHz, 750GB SATA 3.0GB/s 16MB Cache, nVidia GeForce GTS2401GB GDDR3, Dell ST2310 Full HD Widescreen Monitor, AverMedia G2 Combo hybrid TV Tuner, dual 16x DVD+/- RW dbl layer, Microsoft LifeCam Cinema HD, Running Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit. 

If your question is answered here on the forums; PLEASE post back! It may help another user.              

0 Kudos
se7enshots
1 Copper

Hi Jeff, 

I tried your suggestion with the GPU-Z, it still showed the series name in general. No information as to which model it is or if I have the 5870 or not. 

I'll try to look at the hardware graphic card again once Dell has shipped to me the missing 2GB RAM they owe me.

Regards,

Se7en

0 Kudos