Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

July 29th, 2008 16:00

Hybrid Studio

I'm interested in the Hybrid Studio desktop, but can't find either downloads or manuals for it. Anyone know if they have been posted yet? Also, I won't buy this unless I can load XP on it, but a Dell support worker said that only Vista will be supported. I'm looking for information on the motherboard and components to see if XP can be installed on this system.

Any further information about the Hybrid Studio desktop would be much appreciated!

3.7K Posts

July 29th, 2008 19:00

For what i have seen, they are  not worth the money Dell are wanting for them. The largest HDD you can get is a 320Gb, they have only got onboard graphics. They are worse than the inspiron 530s, if you get one of these, you will not be able to do serious upgrading.

7 Posts

July 30th, 2008 04:00

Thanks, but that page I've seen before. It doesn't give any information about the motherboard (chipset), or links to any downloads or further documentation.

14.4K Posts

July 30th, 2008 14:00

Its a intel GM965 +ICH8M

For more info go HERE and download the Setup guide.

Message Edited by Davet50 on 07-30-2008 11:36 AM

7 Posts

July 30th, 2008 18:00

Thank you. Looks like Dell is getting a little more information up on their website. At first glance, going by the driver listing, it looks like it would be easy to run XP on the Studio Hybrid. I'd be interested in hearing opinions on this, by others more knowing than I when it comes to operating systems and motherboards. If you go to the websites of the driver providers, there are options to download versions for Vista or XP. Unless Dell has some way tinkered with the BIOS or some such thing and blocked XP from being installed or XP drivers from being installed.

14.4K Posts

July 30th, 2008 22:00

I see no XP drivers list nor an option to select XP, Only Vista. HERE

In that case you would have to research and find all the drivers yourself which will not be easy.

And again once you change the OS Dell Software support will be void. Hardware support will still be valid though.

No Events found!