Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

September 18th, 2008 20:00

I Hate It I Hate It I Hate It

Dell will never get another penny of my money. I don't know much about computers but I do know that when you spend two grand + on a computer you should not have to fix it over and over your self and still not have half of the thing working and the other half can't be fixed thanks to Dell . Dell you know what you do to your customers but you'll not do it to me anymore or any one else that I can persuade

Me and my brokendown 630i (junk):smileymad:

475 Posts

September 19th, 2008 14:00

BurntReality,

Agreed, but make it happen before the end of the Dell "shipped date". to avoid unneccessary heartache.

Sean

114 Posts

September 19th, 2008 15:00

I also hate*10 my XPS computers. It all began for about a year ago when i bought a 420. The delivered two dead units frpm the factory and after about two months work getting the second one to work i returned my system. But they gave me a better price of the brand new 630, så i bought one og those instead. But these at least started but was underperforming and was inreliable. So now i´m struggeling to return my system, cuz i will never buy anything or have anything to do with that company again.

The last thing was that they promissed to return next day with information about where to send it etc. It has now been two weeks...

475 Posts

September 19th, 2008 16:00

fireberd,

Nostalgia is great. It is what keeps me looking for a light in the Dell of late Saga. But that Dell certified stuff went by the wayside. Or as their Techs are clueless, It was only some Paperwork thing to secure Those awards. I can't say for sure as I've never had a problem with Dell 'puters before. Only had to call for parts years after the warranties expired. You do Dell XPS TS chat or call, tell them that you have an XPS630i... they will ask if that is a desktop or laptop. CERTIFIED, maybe, but obviously not any longer. Trust me I got that response EVERY time... probably because it is on their Dell certified Prompt Paper. I thought That my therapist had cured me.  The Dell trauma must run too deep.

Sean

139 Posts

@cd60 wrote:
  Maybe you could describe your problem or problems and someone will most likely be able to help you.

I thought the same thing...the original poster, dwebber - never mentioned what exactly the problems were with his system. I'm sure someone could help if he'd give some details. Or maybe he just wanted to "vent" which is fine, I suppose. I don't know.

139 Posts

@shdbcamping1 wrote:

Aurora51 and atbglenn,

Thank you very for your compassion as an owner with no problems on their systems. Empathy or even sympathetic comments go a long way towards soothing wounds. Unfortunately for the Lemon owners, too many Great rig owners tend to rub it in our faces and try to minimise the fact that it DOES happen. And I am happy for both of you and all the others that get to experience a good experience "out of the Box"... truly

Sean

You're welcome Shdbcamping. 

There's no denying that "lemons" do happen...to suggest otherwise would be foolish.

475 Posts

Aurora51 and atbglenn,

Thank you very for your compassion as an owner with no problems on their systems. Empathy or even sympathetic comments go a long way towards soothing wounds. Unfortunately for the Lemon owners, too many Great rig owners tend to rub it in our faces and try to minimise the fact that it DOES happen. And I am happy for both of you and all the others that get to experience a good experience "out of the Box"... truly

Sean

289 Posts

@shdbcamping1 wrote:

CD60,

If you have not had reason to have to deal with Today's Dell Tech Support count your blessings. It isn't that there are lemons out there, it's Dell's new way of trying to make you as the customer feel that somehow it's your fault that you got a Lemon. They don't know how to fix the problems and they make you do stupid stuff cause they don't want to come out and say that they don't know. Dell Tech support is a bunch of people that are either Mushrooms of the engineering Arm Of Dell (kept in the Dark about problems) or they are just playing "cover Dell's behind".

When I had my 630i, I got the same person ( i believe) 3 times for the same problem in Chat. The 2nd and 3rd time he said that he had not heard of the issue before. Given my system had many separate issues and I lived a Brand new computer repair life, this gets very anoying very quickly. "Let's do a format and reinstall, this should fix the problem".... Ok maybe the first time but every support contact?????

On a different note... Have you made any progress with SMP?

Sean

EDIT: BTW my systems arrived with problems that had anyone at Dell done any testing on... It would/should never have shipped. Then Dell requires you to finish what should have been done by DELL.

Message Edited by shdbcamping1 on 09-19-2008 04:07 AM

Sean,

I have dealt with support many times and yes they pretty much stink. But I stick to my original post and thoughts. It's not just Dell. 

I haven't braved the SMP thing yet. I'm still gun shy!

139 Posts

@atbglenn wrote:

Aurora51,

Your right when you say "It's the luck of the draw" Luckily you and I have had good luck with our Dell's. But still, we are all part of the Dell family, and when someone is suffering with a "Lemon", we all feel the pain. :(

Yes, that's true. Much like anything else that is produced in mass quantities. There is always a few that have some glitches or such. Of course I feel bad whenever someone has a bad experience with anything that they buy. I have been there...not necessarily dealing with my computer, but other things. It's a frustrating and sometimes helpless feeling you get when it happens to you. 

No Events found!