SailorWilliams
1 Copper

I'm not sure where this belongs but I have a new XPS One 27, and the touch screen is malfuntioning

I have had this XPS One 27 for a week and every now and then, the touch screen courser shows up in the lower right corner and starts moving up and down and selecting at lightning speed. It renders the touch screen and mouse useless. The "Metro" screen zooms in and out and up and down. I have to restart the system to get it to stop. HELP!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
7 Plutonium

Re: I'm not sure where this belongs but I have a new XPS One 27, and the touch screen is malfuntioning

Hi SailorWilliams,

I'm not sure there's anything you can do aside from calling Dell tech support. Wow, brand new system! What a headache.

0 Kudos
SailorWilliams
1 Copper

Re: I'm not sure where this belongs but I have a new XPS One 27, and the touch screen is malfuntioning

I just called support, and they patched the touch screen driver with a patch they said was just a couple of days old. Then he had me calibrate the corners of the screen. I'm crossing my fingers the patch will fix it. Sporadic problems are the worst!

0 Kudos
7 Plutonium

Ok, good to hear.

0 Kudos
harspkwa
1 Copper

I just got my brand new Dell XPS One 27" last week (end of January 2013) and this exact same problem has happened at least 5 times already.  You would think they would have fixed this issue by now.   Did you ever end up resolving your issue permanently?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
SailorWilliams
1 Copper

After multiple calls to India, they sent out a tech and replaced my screen. It was a COMPLETE tear down on my kitchen table and it took hours. If you are still in your "no questions asked" return period I would ask for a new computer. The "tech support" in India kept installing patches and flashing my bios and telling me it should fix the problem until I was out of the return period. I feel kinda mislead. The patches and bios flashes had nothing to do with the problem. Now my hard drive is clicking and beeping randomly, and I'm really disenchanted with my $2000.00 purchase. The Dell software wont create a backup disk and just freezes, the Dell firm ware update for my hard drive crashes. AAARRRRRRGGGGG!

0 Kudos