Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 8th, 2007 21:00

I've just installed the latest version of the BIOS 2.4.2...

I've just installed the latest version of the BIOS 2.4.2 for a Dimension 9200, no problem in installing it, but now my disc drive doesn't work, in the "Device Status" of the properties for for the device I get:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Now when I try and install the latest driver for my disc drive a Sony DVD +/-RW AW-Q160S, I get the error “No matched drive detected!”.

Has any one esle had a similar problem or know of how it can be fixed?

12.7K Posts

June 8th, 2007 23:00

Try uninstalling it in device manager, reboot. If this does not fix it, try clearing the cmos  http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim9200/en/SM_EN/syssetup.htm#wp1055520

1 Message

January 24th, 2009 12:00

I have a very similar problem to this. I have the same drive, and it has stopped working. Windows says Code 39. I can't update the driver, at least not by windows automatically searching. This problem started some time ago, between December and now. I'm not exactly sure when.

I tried uninstalling it in Device Manager, and rebooting, but that didn't help. I haven't tried clearing the CMOS, but I might soon. If anyone has any further insights, that would be helpful.

No Events found!