Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 15th, 2017 20:00

INSPIRON 20-3052, no boot

DELL sent me an update and my computer and now it will not start, orange solid light with nothing on the screen. THEY tell me my update was interrupted.  No it was not and that caused my motherboard to crash. what kind of update are they sending. there should be a warning if interrupted it could crash. this is complete . I was told that I have to come up with the money for a new motherboard. I told them no that I am getting a new motherboard from Dell and I am not paying a dime for it because the update was from their file library and they are accountable for the crash. How many were affected on May12, 2017?

• 

370 Posts

May 19th, 2017 14:00

Dear Customers,

Dell is aware that a recent BIOS release (version 3.8.1) for the Inspiron 20 3052 All-in-One has caused some systems to fail to boot.  Dell has stopped the push of the affected BIOS version and urges impacted customers to contact Dell Tech Support or on Twitter @DellCares.

Thank you,

Dell Support Team

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

May 16th, 2017 14:00

DELL Sent me an update and my computer and now it will  not start, orange solid light with nothing on the screen.    THEY tell me my update was interrupted.  No it was not and that caused my motherboard to crash.  what kind of update are they sending.   there should be a warning if interrupted it could crash. this is complete ***>    I was told that I have to come up with the money for a new motherboard. I told them no that I am getting a new motherboard from Dell and I am not paying a dime for it because the update was from their file library and they are accountable for the crash.  HOW MANY were affected on MAY 12 2017?

mcook-33

You can find out by checking the recent posts about the failed BIOS flash, that are listed in the 'General Hardware' forum.

Bev.

No Events found!