Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

June 29th, 2017 04:00

INSPIRON-580MT Fan Hunting Issue

Just recently this PC's fan has started running fast for a second every 10-15 seconds after a while of running OK. I have had two Blue Screens of Death when shutting down although it has booted up again normally..

I have tried restoring to an earlier point but that failed with a file that couldn't be found. I uninstalled Dell Agent which was shown as the most recent addition and the PC was OK for a day, but the fan fast running has returned.

Anyone had this before or any ideas?    Hergist

532 Posts

June 29th, 2017 06:00

Hi Hergist,

Welcome to our community.

You’ve reached the right department and we are here to assist you. We request you to run through the hardware diagnostics to isolate issues between software and hardware. You can refer to this link which has a video with the steps to complete the same. Kindly share the results.

Also, provide us with the service tag/ express service code of the laptop, so that we can check for more details and assist you.

The Service Tag is a 7-character code, and the Express Service Tag is a 10-digit code that is a numeric version of the Service Tag. Both codes are on the bottom of your laptop. You can also refer to this link which is a video that shows steps to find the service tag.

3 Posts

June 29th, 2017 09:00

Thank you...  The PC is a desktop BTW.

I did as the video suggested and ran the diagnostics from F12 boot. The display was DOS text rather than that shown in the video, but probably just the age of the machine. The diagnostics all ran through without an error to report.

The machine Service Tag is 81ZJV4J, the Express Service Code is 17534438227.

Hergist

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

June 29th, 2017 11:00

Ship date: August 25, 2010 Country: United Kingdom

Given the age of the system the hard drive has likely died and or Power supply is failing and or there are bad capacitors on the motherboard. There are no soft fixes for physically bad drives.

H313K : Module,Hard Drive,1.5TB,7.2K BRINKS-XLOB

11C4W PROCESSOR, I5-750, 2.66, 8MB, LYN, 95W, B1

J6XND : Module,Software,W7HP64,DVD

3 Posts

July 6th, 2017 04:00

Thank you Lijo Joshi...

I did as the video suggested and ran the diagnostics from F12 boot. The display was DOS text rather than that shown in the video, but probably just the age of the machine. The diagnostics all ran through without an error to report.

The machine Service Tag is 81ZJV4J, the Express Service Code is 17534438227.

Hergist

No Events found!