Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 16th, 2016 10:00

Inspirion 3650 Memory upgrade

Three times I have attempted to upgrade my computer purchased last year (nov 2015) from existing 8GbX1 to 16Gb by purchasing as additional 8GbX1 module to go into an empty RAM slot - from Dell.  Three times the new module provided (Dell 8Gb Certified Memory Module - 2RX8 DDR3 Rdimm 1600MHz) has failed to work.  I tried swapping modules to see if it was the slot (it wasn't).  I moved modules around, didn't work.  When trying the new module alone, the computer failed to power up, only giving me an orange blinking power light.  To this day I have only 8Gb of memory, and I am getting very gun-shy about trying to purchase any more memory, FROM anybody.  Anybody got any ideas??

November 17th, 2016 22:00

Hi FGBrown,

Thank you for reaching out to Dell Community Forum.

The memory type supported on this system is Non-ECC dual-channel 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM only.

Please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address.

Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information

No Events found!