Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 15th, 2017 17:00

Inspiron 20-3052, solid amber power button

So i have an old couple that bought one of these less then 2 years ago. Now When you power on no beeps and solid amber power light. The cd tray works but nothing else. Ive tried unplugging everything to no avail.  Any help would be appreciated!!

• 

370 Posts

May 19th, 2017 13:00

Dear Customers,

Dell is aware that a recent BIOS release (version 3.8.1) for the Inspiron 20 3052 All-in-One has caused some systems to fail to boot.  Dell has stopped the push of the affected BIOS version and urges impacted customers to contact Dell Tech Support or on Twitter @DellCares.

Thank you,

Dell Support Team

532 Posts

May 16th, 2017 07:00

Hi,

Welcome to our community.

We’ll try and assist you. Please let us if there were any software or hardware changes made to the system post which the issue started? Do you see the Dell logo once you power on the system? If yes, please complete the hardware diagnostics to isolate issues between hardware and software. You can refer to this link which is a video with the steps to complete the diagnostics

We also request you to share the service tag for us to check for more details. You can refer to this link which is a video with the steps to find the service tag. We thank you for your cooperation.

1 Message

May 16th, 2017 08:00

I have a client in exactly the same situation. I was able to find out, however, that they had done Dell updates and the system would not come back up after that.

Nothing at all happens on the screen. You can hear what must be the DVD drive power up, but the power light stays amber and you cannot tell that it's even on except the light.

1 Message

May 16th, 2017 12:00

Strange enough I too have a client with a Inspiron 20 Model 3052 (Service tag removed due to account security purpose) with the same issues. I can get the screen to cycle RGB if I press the Display Brightness Button but that is about it. Since the system is out of warranty I am running manual hardware diagnostics. Hopefully something will come up...

2 Posts

May 16th, 2017 17:00

I have this exact problem as well with the same cause it appears. I did a Dell update last night and now the PC will not boot at all, just a steady amber power light.

1 Message

May 16th, 2017 18:00

I actually started having this issue yesterday after the computer did a auto update after that all I get is a solid orange power button and a color switching when I press the brightness button besides that I have no access to any other thing it has to be connected with the update if anyone finds a solution I would greatly appreciate it as this computer is being used in a business.

20 Posts

May 16th, 2017 21:00

The update the seems to have caused this problem was a Dell BIOS update. Inspiron 3052's and 3252's seem to be the models that crashed the most. Check out some of the other posts mentioning "BIOS update" to get a better idea of what is going on and some possible steps to fix it.

May 18th, 2017 05:00

Yes, I have this problem too. Fortunately, at least one person was offered a free motherboard replacement.

532 Posts

May 19th, 2017 06:00

Hi,

We’ll surely try to assist you. Please perform the hardware diagnostics, so that we can isolate issues between hardware and software. You can refer to this link which has a video with the steps to complete the same.

Also, share the following information via private message, so that we can check for more details and assist you. To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’.

1. Service tag/ express service code
2. Email address
3. Registered owner’s name of the system

The Service Tag is a 7-character code, and the Express Service Tag is a 10-digit code that is a numeric version of the Service Tag. Both codes are on the bottom of your laptop. You can also refer to this link which is a video that shows steps to find the service tag

532 Posts

May 19th, 2017 06:00

Hi Tjstree,

We’ll surely try to assist you. Please perform the hardware diagnostics, so that we can isolate issues between hardware and software. You can refer to this link which has a video with the steps to complete the same.

Also, share the following information via private message, so that we can check for more details and assist you. To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’.

1.       Service tag/ express service code

2.       Email address

3.       Registered owner’s name of the system

The Service Tag is a 7-character code, and the Express Service Tag is a 10-digit code that is a numeric version of the Service Tag. Both codes are on the bottom of your laptop. You can also refer to this link which is a video that shows steps to find the service tag

2 Posts

May 19th, 2017 13:00

Problem is we can't perform any diagnoses because we never get a Dell screen when we boot. Nothing come up on the screen.

No Events found!