Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 1st, 2012 04:00

Inspiron 2320 Windows 8 PROBLEM

Hi,

I bought this inspiron two month ago. Now I install Windows 8 Pro as an upgrade and 4 times complete new. The Result:

After a few Seconds there are only changing colors on the display and no chance to get into the system. No succesfull Results in all Windows Repairoptions.  

I´ve called the dell hotline and made a hardware test and lot of things. Comment: Windows 8 can run on this pc.  

What is the Problem here. Who can help please?

Regards 

Bernarnd

2 Posts

November 1st, 2012 22:00

Hi. I just resolved this problem after 18 hrs of phone time with dell and Microsoft. The video driver has to be upgraded for windows8 operating system to work. You can access the windows 8 environment by hitting the sleep mode button on the keyboard when the colored screens come on. When computer shuts off, restart by hitting the sleep button on keyboard( half moon button). You will then be able to enter the sign in screen. Enter the password you used when you installed the os. Once signed in, you can update the intel video driver from dells website. If you have to, call dell and they can do the install for you. This is going to be a big problem for dell unless they let their technicians know it is an issue. Edward

2 Posts

November 1st, 2012 22:00

Hi. I just resolved this problem after 18 hrs of phone time with dell and Microsoft. The video driver has to be upgraded for windows8 operating system to work. You can access the windows 8 environment by hitting the sleep mode button on the keyboard when the colored screens come on. When computer shuts off, restart by hitting the sleep button on keyboard( half moon button). You will then be able to enter the sign in screen. Enter the password you used when you installed the os. Once signed in, you can update the intel video driver from dells website. If you have to, call dell and they can do the install for you. This is going to be a big problem for dell unless they let their technicians know it is an issue. Edward

• 

3.3K Posts

November 1st, 2012 23:00

Hi  BKIT,

In case the system has NVidia card, I suggest that you follow these following steps given below.

Press the power button to shut down the system, then power on the system again. You should see the Windows 8 loading screen with "Please wait" displayed under the Windows logo.
The "Recovery Mode" box should appear. Select See advanced repair actions.
Click Troubleshoot.
Click Advanced Options.
Click Windows Startup Settings.
Click Restart.
From the list of startup options, choose number 4 to enable safe mode.
Uninstall the NVidia driver in "Programs and Features" after booting to safe mode. Then reboot the system. It should boot to Windows normally.

Once the system comes up to the desktop, download and install the NVidia driver from the link given below:

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/Product/inspiron-one-2320

Please select the operating system and click on ‘Video’ and download the driver for NVidia card.

Please reply to this post for further assistance.

November 8th, 2012 14:00

Which driver did you install for this? I have the 2320 with the Integrated Intel HD graphics, when booting the PC up it defaults to the cycling color screen until I put it to sleep and then resume from sleep. I was thinking that the 2330 Intel driver for Windows 8 may have the fix for this, but I haven't tried it yet. Thoughts?

November 10th, 2012 21:00

Alright, the 2330 driver doesn't fix the problem. When trying to run anything that changes resolution (such as a game within the regular desktop) it reverts to cycling colors. I'm not really sure what else to do at this point, so I may be returning the PC for something else despite the fact that the Dell website notes this model as Windows 8 Compatible.

2 Posts

November 11th, 2012 03:00

The support doesn´t support. can´t believe that a  2 month old pc can´t work with w8.

1 Message

November 20th, 2012 05:00

I have the same problem, but with a different twist. When you hit the half moon key, the computer does not awaken from sleep mode, so I am unable to log in.

November 20th, 2012 07:00

I contacted Dell support and they were able to fix it after some persuading (they initially told me that I didn't install Windows 8 correctly). The video driver on the Dell website does not work. You have to downgrade to the driver dated 5/26/2012 version 9.17.10.2763. I believe this is the default video driver provided by Windows 8, but I couldn't see what he was doing half of the time due to the cycling color screen. Anyway, I no longer have any cycling color problems. Good luck everyone!

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

November 20th, 2012 08:00

Chipset - Driver  IS RECOMMENDED BEFORE ANY OTHER DRIVER

Description Version Released Supported OS Download
Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility, v.9.2.0.1019, A00 A00 8/19/2011 Windows 7 64-bit
Windows 7 32-bit
Download
Intel AMT HECI (Consumer Desktop), v.7.0.0.1144, A00 A00 8/19/2011 Windows 7 64-bit
Windows 7 32-bit
Download
Realtek RTS5139, v.6.1.7600.10010, A00 A00 8/18/2011 Windows 7 32-bit
Windows 7 64-bit
Download

Network - Driver

Atheros Wireless 1502 WLAN Mini Card Desktops, v.9.2.0.225, A00 A00 8/19/2011 Windows 7 64-bit
Windows 7 32-bit
Download
Realtek RTL8111E Gigabit Ethernet Controller, v.7.037.1229.2010, A00 A00 8/19/2011 Windows 7 64-bit
Windows 7 32-bit
Download

Video - Driver

DELL,TNR,TV,ISDB-T/S,A33TD,2320,1.13.64.7,A00 A00 12/29/2011 Windows 7 64-bit Download
AVerMedia A328 DMB-TH (China&Hong Kong), v.2.2.64.71, A00 A00 8/19/2011 Windows 7 64-bit Download
AVerMedia H339 DVB-T, v.2.2.64.69, A00 A00 8/19/2011 Windows 7 64-bit Download
AVerMedia H339 ATSC (USA&S.Korea), v.2.2.64.72, A00 A00 8/19/2011 Windows 7 64-bit Download
nVidia N12P-GE/N12M-GS Graphic, v.8.17.12.7073 , A00 A00 8/19/2011 Windows 7 64-bit Download
Intel Sandy Bridge Graphics, v.8.15.10.2401, A01 A01 8/19/2011 Windows 7 64-bit Download

1 Message

November 26th, 2012 17:00

Do you have a link for the 9.17.10.2763 driver I can not find it anywhere and I would rather not spend hours on the phone with Dell

November 27th, 2012 15:00

I do not, as I said, Dell support was doing stuff in the background which I couldn't see. One more piece of information is that the video driver auto updates so you have to keep rolling the driver back manually. Maybe give that a try and see if you can roll it back as I think this is the default driver. Anyway, it looks as though this is an issue with Intel HD 3000 graphics and isn't just related to this model. So hopefully there will be an updated driver that works correctly soon.

12 Posts

December 18th, 2012 10:00

****This is actually only a temporary fix.. I have found a permanant fix for this issue problem, it is in my next post under this one.***

Hello, I have finally found a fix for this issue after spending a day trying to resolve it.

This issue can be resolved by following these steps:

First, when you start the computer and you are getting the flashing screen, you can hit the "Sleep" button and then wait a few moments, and tap Sleep again.

This will give you access to the computer (Until any graphics settings change). While you have access I recommend downloading the newest version of the video driver, located here.

A full drivers list can be located here. Make sure to select your OS in advance to downloading the drivers.

Alright, after you have downloaded the Graphics Driver, install it.

You will probably notice during the installation that the screen goes back to the flashing colours.. Just let it go, after about a minute, if it is still flashing, try tapping the Sleep button again. This step is a bit different however, the computer will probably have turned off, press the Power button to turn it back on.

Now, it will boot to windows and flash again, Tap sleep, wait, and tap it again to bring it up.

Once you are on the desktop, open the Control Panel and then go into "Intel Graphics and Media". A new window will pop up, and you should select Advanced Mode and press OK.

In this new screen, you should see an option for the "Refresh Rate", by selecting this option you should be presented with 2 options, 60Hz(What its on by default) and 50Hz.

After selecting 50Hz, please press "Apply" at the bottom. The screen may flash breifly and then you should select OK to keep the changes. Press Ok again, and you can test by restarting your computer.

I hope this resolves the issue for everyone having this issue, and hope Dell comes out with a fix for the issue as we should be able to run it on the 60Hz as it looks nicer and would run smoother. But until they do, this will get you up and running with Windows 8.

12 Posts

January 28th, 2013 06:00

Alright, so my previous POST was a temp. fix it seems. Once restarting the computer, installing updates, the issue would resurface..

Sorry it has taken awhile to get back.

I called Dell and talked to one of the reps who continually told me to just "Go back to Win7" cause that's what it shipped with and worked with. He was saying the 2320 may not be fully supported in windows 8. The support page say it works fine in windows 8 other than a TV Card and USB issue's (none of which are issue's with the machine I worked on)

Anyways. I Resolved the issue by going to Device Manager, opening up the Display Adapter, right clicking on the video card and going to Update Driver.  From there you say you want to B"rowse My Computer for driver software".

On the next page, select "Let me pick from a list..." In there, you should hopefully have a few to pick from, the first one being the Windows 8 Basic Driver, the next 2 above that are Microsoft drivers.  Choose the Microsoft one that has something in brackets after it  "( )"

After installing the drivers, restart.. You should notice that the color flipping screen doesn't come up.

After this, go to Windows Updates, check for updates

An update should show up for the Intel Graphics drivers, Make sure to right click and hide it.  If it updates it may cause the issue to resurface..

Hope this resolves the issue for anyone having this problem.

1 Message

February 9th, 2013 09:00

This fixed my problem.  Took me a lot of searching the web and different forums, but you nailed it.  I spent hours online with Dell, they know nothng.

12 Posts

February 9th, 2013 10:00

Glad that this worked for you. Took me awhile of testing and some frustration to figure it out.

No Events found!