Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 16th, 2013 21:00

Inspiron 2320 boots to blank screen

I have an  Dell Inspiron 2320 that boots OK but it goes to a blank screen, connected to 2nd monitor to run  diagnostics but does not show any errors.

Please help

1.5K Posts

October 16th, 2013 21:00

Hi cwb540,

Please share how you identified that the system is booting correctly. Also, share the second monitor that you referred is connected to the system through VGA out port or not. If you have not tried this, I suggest that you connect an external monitor to the system and check if there is any display on it or not. This will help us isolate the issue further.

Try releasing residual charge from the system, here are the steps:

• Disconnect any external peripherals (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) from the computer including the power supply.
  • Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds.
  • Reconnect the power supply. Try to restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. Please reply with the results, I'll be happy to help you.

2 Posts

October 17th, 2013 06:00

Connected second  monitor through  VGA output port, there was the display on second monitor and Win7  boot up normal.

Tried releasing residual charge from the system as provided instruction, still no display on the main screen.

1.5K Posts

October 18th, 2013 02:00

Hi cwb540,

Thank you for sharing the information.

This indicates that the LCD has failed and needs replacement. If the system is within warranty, please share the system's Service Tag and Owner's Name with me via private message (click my username and then click Send a Private Message). I'll review the details and help make arrangements for repairs.

Else, you may refer to the link http://dell.to/1coLzuz to get in touch with the Dell's Expired Warranty Support team if you are in USA. If you are in a different region, go to http://dell.to/15qqGcr select the country/region from the top, scroll down and click on 'Contact Dell Sales' to get the contact information.

No Events found!