Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 30th, 2017 19:00

Inspiron 27 7000 screen black out intermittently

Hi,

I only received the 27 7000 all-in-one this week. I have used it at home for couple of hours every night. However, I am experiencing this problem a few times each night. The machine is still up and running when this occurs because I can hear the music is still playing in the background. When the screen goes black, I can hear the warnings from windows 10 at the same time. However, there is no way to turn the screen back on anymore. I need to force shut down the pc and try to turn it on again. However, this does not even work for most times. Sometime it gives me an error showing a non-genuine AC power adapter has been detected. A few other times it just renders different colors in full screen. In this case I need to unplug the powershell of the whole machine in order to reboot.

Another interesting observation: I was doing skype video call with my family last night. And suddenly this problem happened. Because I was sharing my screen, my family was able to see the error message on my screen even though I could see nothing. It was complaining about the USB Port Power Surge.

I have done all the system updates, dell updates, driver updates, as well as the USB controller re-installation but this is still happening to this new machine.

Please help!!!

Thank you in advance for any advise.

Regards

6 Posts

August 31st, 2017 17:00

BTW, BIOS Diagnostics were all passed.

No Events found!