Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 17th, 2014 21:00

Inspiron 3647 small

Brand new, but documentation I've downloaded is not very helpful for my needs. First, I thought I should do a restore point, but clicking on the topic talks about XP, Vista and something else ?????????? Secondly, there seems to be a whole other procedure including additional purchase of software to do a backup. I expected to schedule backups using my dumb "Click 2" drive, but roadblocks everywhere. This pc is cute, but I sure feel dumb. And I've put the idea of networking my tablet with it on hold. BTW, the power button is in an unfortunate position, in my opinion. Does anyone have a suggestion (I mean something that might help) ? stephanie

February 26th, 2014 15:00

Good Day DFWSTEPH,

Wed 2-26, 2014

I too am a brand new user.  I agree with the documentation eval.  Do go ahead and download the 3 documents under the "manuals" category.  I avoided the Win8 release and have Win7 Home premium. You may feel dumb, but I suggest that having just gone though the initial start-up actions, it's not you.  I expect that both of us will, after a substantial investment of time, discover what we need to know to make the pc tool useful.  So far, I have not found any roadblocks for my intended use except for creating the Windows7 "Repair Disk".  I had my first tech support for that issue for that a few minutes ago.  'getting disks from Dell.  I have more of a problem with the placement of the Disk drawer svelte button.  As for going forward Stephanie, I believe that you should not abandon your plans but rather, just plug along in your learning curve about the pc, and do a fair amount of research for solutions for specific problems as they seem to pop up.  So far my only networking drill has been to get an attachment to my dsl connection.  Remember, assuming a new machine, you are entitled to tech support. The 3647 does have many features and I expect it can be a strong player in your intended network with your portable.  I went to a local library to take out some old-fashioned books on Win7 which are useful for an overview.   Best Wishes.            

No Events found!