Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 9th, 2016 12:00

Inspiron 3650 Crashes When eSata Storage Tower Is Connected

Hi.

I have an Inspiron 3650 purchased just before Christmas that crashes every time I connect my external eSata storage tower to it. The eSata card installs fine (on a fresh install of Windows 10) and the Jmicron driver installs fine also and all is good until I boot the system with the external tower tower turned on then it keeps crashing to the blue screen of death and gathers information that get's nowhere. The tower works great with my (very) old Inspiron 530s but that's running a different eSata card with a Silicon Image Sil 3132 SoftRaid 5 controller and driver. The new Inspiron won't even recognise the older eSata card which is why I bought a new one in the hope it will work. I've tried the Dell tech helpline and got nowhere except for a very nice chap in India who actually talked to me all through his office New Years countdown in the background and refused to celebrate with his friends but try to solve my problem. He sent me out a USB drive with a fresh copy of Windows to install but that didn't remedy it either. The drives in my external case are all installed as JBOD (just a bunch of drives) and not RAID as it's how I prefer to use it. The case holds 4 drives and it's full of my work photos and videos if that's any help.

If anyone can help i'll be eternally grateful. Thanks in advance to anyone kind enough to try and solve my very frustrating problem.

No Responses!
No Events found!