Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 31st, 2016 09:00

Inspiron 3650 Video driver update issue

I have a new Inspiron 3650 with the Intel HD Graphics  530 system and the Dell Update program tells me there is a Graphics update for my system but the update is for HD 6000 system. I've downloaded drivers for both Video systems and neither one works. The error message tells me the update does not apply to my system. What video drivers do I need?

SYSTEM INFORMATION

Computer Manufacturer

Dell Inc.

Computer Model

0C2XKD

Operating System (O/S)

Microsoft Windows 10 (build 14393), 64-bit

Operating System Build (O/S)

Operating System (version)

GRAPHICS INFORMATION

Graphics Product [1]

Intel(R) HD Graphics 530

Graphics Driver Version

3D Acceleration

Yes

Hardware Transform & Lighting Support

Yes

Video Memory

4.0 GB

Vertex Shader Support

Pixel Shader Support

Microsoft DirectX* Version

Current Graphics Resolution

1920x1080

Current Color Depth

32 Bits Per Pixel

• 

16.7K Posts

January 6th, 2017 08:00

neyensfam@comcast.net,

I am sure why it isnt listed on the systems driver page.  You can get them directly from Intel.
Run the free Intel Driver Update Utility and see if it installs any missing drivers. Once installed, Click Start- Intel Driver Update Utility- Intel Driver Update Utility 2.0. Then click "Auto detect...".
http://dell.to/2iJG9Gq

January 9th, 2017 16:00

Thanks for the reply Jesse. I did visit the Intel website and used their Driver Update Utility with no luck. The end results is I get a message indicate the driver is not for my system. I've also manually downloaded the drivers and got the same result. Any idea what gives?

1 Message

March 29th, 2017 15:00

I have the same issue.  No resolution yet.

May 26th, 2017 11:00

Hi. Is there any update on this issue noted by the original poster?  Can a Dell support person please reply?  Thank you.

2 Posts

May 27th, 2017 16:00

Follow the second step in this guide! Maybe you are just trying to install the wrong driver!

www.tekbrinks.com/.../

May 28th, 2017 21:00

Thanks but that's not applicable to the problem described.

1 Message

May 29th, 2017 20:00

Same problem. I did a fresh install of windows 7/64 and the windows experience score is now 1.0 for the graphics. The dell support page gives me the HD 6000 driver, which of course, fails. I also downloaded the 530 video driver (from: downloadcenter.intel.com/.../Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-45- ) but it also fails. This computer has been a pain-in-the-neck since the day I purchased it (my god... they made it so that you could not install a new video card or hard drives without buying ridiculous additional parts...). Dell. If you are going to sell us computers and maintain an update page, please engage in the basic due diligence to ensure that the stock parts remain supported (at least while the item is still on sale).

May 31st, 2017 08:00

For me, at least, the mystery has been solved with the help of a Dell support phone rep.  Although device manager lists the driver as Intel HD Graphics 530 and the Dell support website where the driver updates can be found lists it as Intel HD 6000 Series Graphics Driver, they both refer to the same driver.  Turns out I already have 21.20.16.4542 installed.  The fact that they are listed under two different names (which I can't explain) confused me.

No Events found!