Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 27th, 2017 18:00

Inspiron 3655 where is the video card?

"No input" message; cables/monitor ok; trying to reinstall video card.

The manual I could reference was for the Inspiron 3656---not the 3655;

Don't know if that matters, but I could not follow the instructions for reinstall;

The picture doesn't match my machine? Help anyone?

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

July 30th, 2017 21:00

Thank you for your message.

The chassis for both 3655 & 3656 is the same, the location of the video will be the same.

Do you have a discrete video card on your computer?

Please check at the back of the computer tower & check if the video cable is connected towards the bottom of the tower.

If the system has a discrete graphics card, it should have the port towards the bottom as per the image below (3).

If there is only an integrated card, it should be at the top, # 8 as per the image.

What is the status of the power light? Is it blinking or steady orange/ white?

Disconnect all the cables from the tower, press & hold down the power button for a minute. Connect only the power cable, keyboard, mouse & the video cable & start the computer & check if there is any change.

For better assistance, please click on my Dell username & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

3 Posts

August 22nd, 2017 19:00

Sorry, I'm a college grad, but I guess I'm an older grad-- and I don't feel too smart right now;

Couldn't locate your Dell user name. Anyway, my unit is working normally again after disconnecting and reconnecting all the cables; I'm wondering why this happened a second time? But thank you for your assistance.

No Events found!