Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 24th, 2017 02:00

Inspiron 3847 BIOS crashed? USB keyboard is not working

Yesterday it booted up fine into win7 login screen

but I cannot type anything from Dell USB keyboard.

I replugged it into all available 6 USB ports and none is good for this keyboard

but the USB mouse works fine.  So, I restarted Inspiron but then its BIOS  'corrupted'?? or something??

It's showed the Dell Logo only plus these (F2-setup and F12-boot options) and empty loading BIOS bar ...

See the picture (but how do I upload into this forum post?)

H-E-L-P

So, How do I fix this weird issue? So my Inspiron can boot up again since I didn't apply any firmware update..

Thanks

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

September 24th, 2017 19:00

Have you tried a different USB keyboard?  Or tested this one on a different PC?

You can try clearing BIOS, when you have a known working keyboard:

Power off and unplug PC. Press/hold Power button for ~15 sec. Open case and remove motherboard battery. Press/hold power button for ~30 sec. Reinstall the battery. (Is it time for a fresh one?) Close up and connect only mouse, monitor and keyboard. See if it works now.

Check the manual for details about removing/reinstalling the battery: downloads.dell.com/.../inspiron-3847-desktop_owner's manual_en-us.pdf

BTW: You can only post an image when you're using "rich formatting". Click the link next to Reply at the bottom of the box. You'll see options to post images, format text, etc. Note: Using rich formatting will require you to answer reCaptcha, which may ask 5-6 sets of queries before it accepts your post. Just keep answering the queries until it puts a green check in the box and then post your message.

September 27th, 2017 14:00

Unplug CPU and Remove CMOS battrey from motherbord and put it back again it will solve your problem or you can take help from PS2 port mouse for some time(if you have one).  

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

September 27th, 2017 17:00

Unplug CPU and Remove CMOS battrey from motherbord and put it back again it will solve your problem or you can take help from PS2 port mouse for some time(if you have one).  

I already suggested that... :emotion-4:

No Events found!