CSALIBO
1 Copper

Inspiron 530 desktop, beeping when turned on?

I went away on vacation and when I returned I tried to start up my computer and all I hear is a beeping noise.  The computer wont even turn on now and just continues to beep.  Does anyone have this issue and if so, what was the problem?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: PLEASE HELP! BEEPING NOISE WHEN TURNING ON DELL INSPIRON 530!

Hi CSALIBO,

Welcome to the Community.

Please mentioned the sequence of beeps to help you in a better way.

Meanwhile, please refer to the information below:

CodeDescriptionSuggested Remedy
1 BIOS ROM checksum in progress or failure System board failure; covers BIOS corruption or ROM error
2 No memory modules detected
  1. If you have two or more memory modules installed, remove the modules, reinstall one module, and then restart the computer. If the computer starts normally, reinstall an additional module. Continue until you have identified a faulty module or reinstalled all modules without error.
  2. If available, install a good memory module of the same type into the computer.
3 Chipset error (North and Southbridge chipset, DMA/IMR/Timer Error for Intel® platform); chipset error System board failure. Power LED is blinking amber.
Time-Of-Day Clock test failure
Gate A20 failure
Super I/O chip failure
Keyboard controller test failure
4 RAM read/write failure
  1. Reseat the memory module.
  2. Ensure no special memory module/memory connector placement requirements exist.
  3. Verify the memory modules you are installing are compatible with the computer.
  4. Swap the memory into a different slot on the system board.
  5. Try installing a known good memory module into the various slots to pin-point either the module or system board slot causing the problem.
5 Real time clock failure. Possible battery failure or system board failure.
  1. Replace the battery.
6 Video BIOS test failure Video card failure
7 CPU cache test failure Processor failure

Thanks & Regards
Manshu S
#iworkfordell

0 Kudos