Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 6th, 2013 10:00

Inspiron 530

Hi:

Having problems with  what I thought was a  Power Button problem.

I replaced that and Computer would booted  fine, after a month or so it started not to boot after turning it off  and trying to restart it.

Let it sit a few day and then it started right back up again.

Could this be a Power Supply going out or still a issue with the power button.

I just cant figure which 1 of these is the problem.

Any help or ideas appreciated.

Thanks

9 Posts

December 6th, 2013 12:00

Hi:

Thanks for the reply much appreciated.

It  is the mini Tower and does have a ATI Card in now.

There have been no error messages or beep codes as when it happens it never get to that point. It does nothing at all. Im pretty sure I do here the PS fan start up. Its up and running currently. When it doesnt turn on I believe there is just a steady amber light.

Thanks Again

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

snowme

Assuming that you have the Inspiron 530 Mini Tower and not the 530s Slimline version.

When the issue happens, is the power button LED, Steady Blue, Blinking Blue, Steady Amber, Blinking Amber?

Are there any 'Beeps', or error messages, if there are, please post the exact text of the message?

Does the power supply fan run?

Is there a discrete graphics card installed, or are you using the integrated graphics?

The Inspiron 530 MT Troubleshooter and Diagnostic Codes are here:

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_inspiron_desktop/inspiron-530_owner%27s%20manual_en-us.pdf

Bev.

9 Posts

If infact it might be the Power supply can you possibly recommend  1 that will work for this unit?

Went over to Newegg and looks like there are quite a few that might work for this computer?

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

snowme

You are right, there are many, many power supplies to pick from.  :emotion-5:

The following should work in the 530 MT:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139027

It is priced right for a 500w unit and has a three year warranty, a PCIe connectors for a Video Card, if needed,  5 SATA power connectors and free S&H.

Bev.

9 Posts

December 6th, 2013 14:00

Hi Bev:

Thanks so much for the ultra fast replies very much appreciated.

Trying to save a few bucks with Xmas around the corner.

Will the following PS work as well?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371045&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&PageSize=10&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182021&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&PageSize=10&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo

The Rosewill has a 15$ Rebate as well and seems like it would fit this old computer quite well.

Your thoughts on this?

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

December 6th, 2013 14:00

snowme

Both power supplies will work, but the Rosewill 400w only has a one year warranty and the Antec 450w, two years.

Of the two, my choice would be the Antec 450w.

Bev.

No Events found!