Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 24th, 2012 22:00

Inspiron 560 no workey

Hello all,

I'm looking at an Inspiron 560 for a friend.  What is happening is that when the power button is pressed, the unit appears to power on, but there is no video coming out on either the VGA or HDMI ports, so I have no idea what is actually failing on this thing as I cannot see anything to do any diagnostics on it.  I was thinking maybe power supply so I tried taking the stock Bestec supply out and putting in a Diablotek DA350 I have sitting around, but it did not like that at all.  So now I'm thinking possibly a motherboard issue.  Has anyone had a similar problem and if so, were you able to resolve it?  I did a forum search for Inspiron 560, but I got over 20 pages of results I really don't look forward to sifting through.  I noted others having start up problems, but did not get far enough into the search results to find a user with an identical problem.  Any help is appreciated.  Thank you!

2.3K Posts

June 25th, 2012 08:00

You have done a good job eliminating the possibilities and it sounds like the on board video is gone. Your only option now would be to replace the motherboard.

2.3K Posts

June 24th, 2012 23:00

Have you tried to plug in another monitor to see if that is the problem. If the unit appears to power on it would not be the power supply. Do you hear any sounds from It? It could be a bad video card, Motherboard, or processor.

3 Posts

June 25th, 2012 00:00

Monitors I'm using are known good as one of them is the one I'm looking at this thread with right now, the other is my HDTV which I have had connected to this(my) computer many a times.  Plug on the Inspiron, green LED on supply comes on, press power button, power button comes on blue, fans come on full bore, hd sounds as if it is spinning up. Just no video on either of the built in ports.  Even went as far as putting in a PNY video card and got no video out on that either.  Looking more and more like motherboard, but I want to be sure so I replace the correct part, as I have found these motherboards across the internet for about $100. It's out of warranty so I want to try to do it as cheap as possible to spare my friend some pain. Lol.

1 Message

January 5th, 2016 10:00

My daughter just brought me her Inspirion 560 desktop and it is doing the same thing. She does not want to buy a new computer so she brought it to me to fix.

The only thing I see that is different is that within the past 60 days, she upgraded to Windows 10 and that every now an then it will fire up and work after turning it on an off maybe a dozen times.

She is willing to get a new motherboard but I cannot guarantee her that this will cure the problem.

Any thoughts?

No Events found!