Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 25th, 2017 11:00

Inspiron 5675 - Misc Questions

So, I've had a 5675 w/ Ryzen 1700x + 16GB RAM for about a month now.  A few misc comments and questions... First, I really like this PC.  Plenty fast for just about anything I throw at it, especially video encodes. 

1.  Will Dell ever release a decent BIOS?  Something with actual settings, I'm not a hardcore overclocker, but I'd like to play with memory timings and such.  The stock BIOS is pretty much devoid of options.

2.  Is it possible to order the optional water cooling assembly?  It was the only option I didn't pick, however I'm noticing quite a bit of noise and heat during those video encodes.  The service manual makes removal of the stock heat sink and install of water cooler look pretty simple.

thx

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

September 25th, 2017 11:00

Only Dell knows what updates for BIOS they may release, but generally they tend not to enable the kinds of settings you might want.

If you're in the USA,  contact Dell Spare Parts to see if you can order the cooler. Have your Service Tag handy.  1-800-357-3355, Mon–Sun 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. Central Time.

September 30th, 2017 12:00

I did buy the watercooling option and it is great it also includes vrm heatsinks and front case fan.

No Events found!