emitesh
1 Copper

RE: Inspiron 5675 - Random Lockups - looking for guidance

I unchecked "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in Device Manager -> Human Interface Devices properties and also in Device Manager -> USB Controllers properties for each one of the entries and so far the PC hasn't hanged. Will monitor for a few more days and update.

0 Kudos
7- Thorium

Emitesh- If freezes, you should probably contact Dell Tech Support ASAP and arrange to ship it back, as others in this thread have already done.

I thought Dell was going to collect Service Tag numbers (Do NOT post them here!) from affected users in all of the related threads to see if they could identify a common component that might be causing these freezes, but I haven't seen any public requests from Dell asking for them. Don't know if they contacted users directly via Private Message through this forum, so check your inbox. (Click the Messages link near the top of any forum page after you log in.)

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
   I am not a Dell employee

0 Kudos
KristopherV
1 Copper

No direct messages yet, but then they have my system in hand. I'll report back once they update the diagnostics\repair info.

0 Kudos
thejewishrev
1 Copper

I too had the same issue and went through similar stetps with dell support, ( waste of time ) I offered all the logs in the world, they said it was a software issue to do a fresh install. I explained that the device was only 2 days old they insisted.  I did a fresh install and it still happened. a tech updated the bois to the latest version and said that it was fixed even though it locked up while the tech was on the phone. he said that it is normal and just a network connectivity issue. Next they were going to issue a replacement device. I thought to myself that would be great. but they decided to cancel that because they cant do that because its a software issue they deemed. They were willing to send a tech out to reinstall the OS, I explained to the support guy that we have already done that. after being escalated up the chain they were willing to replace the device, but they didnt have the same model. they wanted to exchange it with a 1700x and gtx1060 3gb gpu, I explained that it was a downgrade to go that path and he assured me that it wasn't that it would be just fine. I asked him how I'm supposed to run freesync on a gtx1060 card. I gave up. it was the worst 3 weeks of my life dealing with dell support. I never found out what was causing the issue.  I was actually able to take it back to best buy and exchange it, they have an extended return time due to the holidays that I was not aware of. I really do like the computer. I would really also like to know what the cause of this was and what the fix is. According to dell this hasn't happened to anyone else and its not a known issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
7- Thorium

Glad BB exchanged it for you. Any signs of the same problem on the new system?

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
   I am not a Dell employee

0 Kudos
thejewishrev
1 Copper

yes I have the same or similar problem. I actually was able to see a bsod but couldn't catch what it said. I looked for the dump file but couldn't find it. I started another support call with bb, I do know I'm on the stock bios and it happens a lot less then with the new bois's

0 Kudos