2 Bronze

Inspiron 570/Radeon 5450

Jump to solution

To start i'll apologize if this is a repeated qeustion or could be found somewhere else.

I would like to upgrade my insipron 570 video card from the onboard Radeon HD4200 to a Radeon HD5450.

I phoned Dell Techinical Support and asked for a list of cards that work on this system without any upgrade to the PSU.

(The list they gave me was; Radeon HD5450 1GB, the Nvidia Geforce G310 512mb and the Nvidia Geforce GT220 1GB.)

I dont have massive amounts of computer knowledge so i choose the HD5450 as i have had older radeon cards and never had problems.(and i think its the only one to support DirectX 11)

I started to take a look on the ATI website and they recommended a 400w or greater PSU for this card.

SO... My question is WILL this card work without upgrades to the PSU or any other components. IF NOT wat card will?(£100 BUDGET)

I Thank You in advance for any help and information.

Regards, Jeff

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
4 Germanium

Re: Inspiron 570/Radeon 5450

Jump to solution

The HD 5450 is a low-end graphics card and uses very little power.  Even maxed out, it would not use more than around 40 watts and probably runs under 15 watts at idle.  It will work fine in your system.  You could even use better cards if you wanted.  

View solution in original post

4 Replies
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

This is the link to the card i have found.

www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_381

Dont know if u need this info.

0 Kudos
4 Germanium

Jump to solution

The HD 5450 is a low-end graphics card and uses very little power.  Even maxed out, it would not use more than around 40 watts and probably runs under 15 watts at idle.  It will work fine in your system.  You could even use better cards if you wanted.  

View solution in original post

4 Germanium

Jump to solution

This is the link to the card i have found.

www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_381

Dont know if u need this info.

You can get them for less at Newegg after the rebate if you want a 1GB card with DDR3 memory as shown HERE.  

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply Kelbear, very usefull information.

I suppose the recommened PSU wattage is just to cover there backs.

I found this on youtube, it was very usefull to me and maybe it will be some use to someone else.

Thank you again.

0 Kudos