Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 18th, 2013 21:00

Inspiron 570 and its monitor

I have an Inspirn 570 hooked up to a Dell monitor, which stopped displaying the screen, it is just blank. To be more specific when I start up the comuter it shows the startup screen, but when my Windows 7 Home would start loading the screen goes black.  The funny thing is that when the desktop is running and I turn off and on the monitor I can see my usual desktop, but only for a second, then the screen goes black again.

I hooked up the monitor to my laptop and it worked fine, so I don't think that the monitor is at fault. I also took my desktop apart (it's way out of warranty by now) and cleaned the inside thoroughly with a vacuum. That didn't help either. My guess (without knowing much about hardware stuff), that the videocard doesn't get enough juice. Am I correct? how do I fix it? or what can be the problem?

Thank you,

8 Posts

June 18th, 2013 22:00

Thank you, this all sounds good, but without being able to see anything, without a screen I cannot update the driver(s). I cannot work it without seeing what I am doing. I tried to start with the F12, but the screen went dark right before I could select the Diagnostics option. So then I turned off and on the monitor and saw it long enough to select the diagnostics. I ran it and found no problem with the memory. I will keep running it, although it is very annoying to turn off/on the monitor to see the screen for less than a second.

June 18th, 2013 22:00

Hi Gaborpor,

I would recommend you to update the Video drivers by clicking on the link given below:

http://dell.to/16cCKBa

Please ensure that you select the Operating System as installed on your computer to download the latest Video driver.

If there is an external video card installed, would recommend updating the video card drivers from the vendor’s website.

You may also run a test to check the hardware functionality. To do so, please restart the system and tap F12 which will take you to “One Time Boot Menu” Choose diagnostics and let me know if you are getting any message upon the completion of diagnostics:

You can also refer the Dell Article 266787 on our Dell support page.

http://dell.to/RO1v0p 

Please keep me posted with the results. 

Thanks & Regards
Rathish C
#iworkfordell

June 19th, 2013 21:00

Hi Gaborpor,

Thanks for your response. I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and name listed on the account so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Please respond for further assistance.

Thanks & Regards
Rathish C
#iworkfordell

No Events found!