linnert
1 Copper

Inspiron 570 - case buzzing noise

Hi

I've owned a Inspiron 570 for almost a year, really like it, except for a persistent buzzing sound that is connected with the case, specifically the front bezel. I have put a piece of thick, hard insulation foam under the case to stop if from amplifying through my desk, but the buzzing is always there. I've shuffled the front plastic bezel around, and the buzz disappears for a while, only to come back. It's driving me nuts. Can't stand to use the computer for more than a brief period of time. Machine noises/buzzing just grind me down.

Any response/ideas would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance, mb

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: Inspiron 570 - case buzzing noise

Hi  linnert,

Welcome to the community.

Please check the link for a similar post which should help you resolve this issue:

http://dell.to/14i8t6s

If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; UK Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.

0 Kudos
kisianik
4 Tellurium

Open the case side door and turn on the PC - there are just 2 stand alone fans CPU and exhaust, and power supply. Tell us which is making noise. It is easy to get replacement for CPU fan even from newegg - there are a lot compatible products there, if it is exhaust fan, it is also very easy. Power supply will take a bit more time, but it is easy as well.

While you do this, you have opportunity to upgrade your Inspiron 570, are you interested? You can easily upgrade it to the level of current Inspiron 660 model by changing processors and increasing RAM, also, if you did not upgraded your VIdeo Card it is fairly easy to do.

Let me know if you are interested.

Inspiron 570 remastered in Cooler Master HAF 912 case

6 intake and exhaust 120 mm FANS <> Phenom II x4 965 BE OC to 4.0GHz <> Cooler Master Hyper 612 <> MSI 660 2GB OC <> 180 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda 64 MB Cache HDD for Games as extension of SSD, 500 GB WD Caviar Blue HDD as data and 160 GB WD as backup (through PCI SATA card) <> 8 GB Corsair DDR3 1333 <>Hitachi GH70N DVD <> Corsair GS 600 PSU <> Battlefield 3 60 FPS on ULTRA

0 Kudos
gamecube756
1 Copper

a little late to the party but i had a similar problem with a terrible buzzing in my 570 i came to a conclusiomn that it was coil whine from the power supply, iI upgraded to a corsair cx600 power supply and it has been almost dead.silent sinse best of luck

0 Kudos
kisianik
4 Tellurium

Thanks for participation, appreciate for stopping by. Are you interested in upgrading your 570, or it is long time gone/retired?

Inspiron 570 remastered in Cooler Master HAF 912 case

6 intake and exhaust 120 mm FANS <> Phenom II x4 965 BE OC to 4.0GHz <> Cooler Master Hyper 612 <> MSI 660 2GB OC <> 180 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda 64 MB Cache HDD for Games as extension of SSD, 500 GB WD Caviar Blue HDD as data and 160 GB WD as backup (through PCI SATA card) <> 8 GB Corsair DDR3 1333 <>Hitachi GH70N DVD <> Corsair GS 600 PSU <> Battlefield 3 60 FPS on ULTRA

0 Kudos
gamecube756
1 Copper

still using it kinda, not the same old thing it used to be, have a new mobo, fx-6100, and a radeon 5670, going to buy some more ram, have been thinking about drilling some holes in the top of it for some more ventilation, saddly the new mobo only had 2 dimm slots so can only use 2gbs of the ram fom the 570's mobo. Also am going to get a new graphics card

0 Kudos