Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 27th, 2010 15:00

Inspiron 570 compatible graphics card

HI,

i was wondering if anyone has information about compatible graphics cards for this desktop model. i need to upgrade the on-board ati hd 4200 that is in the system now. i was looking at a radeon hd 5750, or 5700, but it seems like the power connector isnt compatible?

i have read some other places where people have said they had a hard time finding upgrades for this system because of that issue. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you,

gerry

268 Posts

September 29th, 2010 11:00

juanbal,

Are you saying that when you added a PCIe x16 video card, the integrated video was not automatically disabled?

Chris, that is 100% possible. The Inspiron 570 uses the AMD 785G chipset that supports the "ATI Surroundview" feature. If you install a compatible ATI add-on graphics card, both the on-board and add-on video are active. So you can use this for more monitors.

I believe the system should disable the on-board video if you install a non-ATI or old ATI add-on graphics card. I'm a little fuzzy as two which chipsets are compatible with Surroundview so I would look to get something recent (4XXX or 5XXX series).

Masi_GC 

1 Message

October 7th, 2010 11:00

I am having the same issue.  I recently upgraded my video card from the integrated HD4200 to a HD5870 (along with the psu).  My problem is that I cannot disable the integrated video card.  I tried going into the device manager in safe mode and disabling it from there, and then installing the new video card, but that doesn't work.  There is not an option in my BIOS to disable integrated video.  I read somewhere that I may need to flash my BIOS.  I see there is an update for dell BIOS, but I didn't see the list of changes so I don't know if this update will add the functionality I need to disable integrated video cards from BIOS.  I also looked for jumpers on the mobo and didn't see any.  Now, with the new card installed, and the drivers updated, there are conflicts and some of my games crash due to this.   Does anyone know if the update for DELL inspiron 570 BIOS will add the functionality to disable video cards from BIOS?  If not, what do I need to do in order to disable the integrated video card?

1 Message

April 12th, 2011 08:00

Hi Robin,

I hope you check this thread still lol, i have the same specs as you listed for the 570 dell and its just arrived and sitting here, i dare not unwrap it or i cant send it back, between ordering and it arriving i researched the net because i was sold this unit as a pc that would play all sims 3 games and expansion packs, and be able to watch movies online etc. the reviews i have been reading on this video card sound terrible for these games so can you advise or do you have any experiences with your pc in these matters?

i had thought i could perhaps just go with it and get a better graphics card later such as the 5770 which has really good reviews but dont know if my processor could handle it? or if it would fit in the case? ( i have never changed a computer part before and am no way an expert) I have a hanns G 19 ins screen which says 1024x768 4.3? also on the sims spec website it says must be a shader 2.0 or above and i have no clue what that means.

can you please help me with this matter as i am tearing my hair out here and just want to get back to my game play lol

Regards Dawn

13 Posts

November 3rd, 2011 01:00

Hi,

Are there any new graphics card recommendations for this PC? I'm running an MSI 4350 right now. It's OK - wanted something with a little more power - I'm not running any 3d intensive games (only Flash player games), but would still like things to move a little faster when opening browser or windows explorer windows.

I'm bumping up RAM from 4gb to 6gb, also.

2 Posts

November 3rd, 2011 07:00

I use also use 4670 in my system, 300W power supply and it works just fine.

13 Posts

April 15th, 2012 08:00

Thanks! I'll look into a card using that chip. Any particalur brand you recommend?

3.7K Posts

April 15th, 2012 09:00

Hi Robin,

I hope you check this thread still lol, i have the same specs as you listed for the 570 dell and its just arrived and sitting here, i dare not unwrap it or i cant send it back, between ordering and it arriving i researched the net because i was sold this unit as a pc that would play all sims 3 games and expansion packs, and be able to watch movies online etc. the reviews i have been reading on this video card sound terrible for these games so can you advise or do you have any experiences with your pc in these matters?

i had thought i could perhaps just go with it and get a better graphics card later such as the 5770 which has really good reviews but dont know if my processor could handle it? or if it would fit in the case? ( i have never changed a computer part before and am no way an expert) I have a hanns G 19 ins screen which says 1024x768 4.3? also on the sims spec website it says must be a shader 2.0 or above and i have no clue what that means.

can you please help me with this matter as i am tearing my hair out here and just want to get back to my game play lol

Regards Dawn

Im running the 5670 at the moment, but your CPU will handle any card, and getting a card to fit that case, is no problem. Modern cards will have 2+ shader, and have 3 modes of connectiom, VGA,DVI, and HDMI, and your monitor will be Ok. Has for the 5770, yes you can get it in.

12 Posts

April 23rd, 2012 14:00

I've been browsing through a bunch of different websites, and also have a i570 with the same specs. This post is really dated but, i'm looking for a good higher end graphics card, and wondering if there are any 6000's that are compadiable with my desktop. I have little knowledge about computers but understand little due to intensive research looking for a graphics card.

Are there any suggestions for a good, and cheap-ish higher end graphics card. I wish to be able to play games like battle field 3 and skyrim at least on mid settings with out any lag. Like I said I've herd that 6850's will work but I don't know and would like confirmation, and possibly links to them.

1.5K Posts

April 23rd, 2012 16:00

There is some good information on the i570 HERE.  It really depends on your CPU whether you would get the benefit from the HD 6850.   You would of course have to upgrade your power supply too.  I would go with at least the HD 6770 for those games. 

1 Message

July 22nd, 2012 16:00

I plan on getting a Radeon HD 6670 for my i570 and im wondering if that will fit in the computer? just want to make sure before finalzing and stuff HERE is the card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127586

thanks

No Events found!