Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 3rd, 2012 11:00

Inspiron 660S – Can upgrade the Video Card to NVidia GT660 improve font clarity?

Hi,

I am using Inspiron 660S (Intel Core i3 – 2120 , RAM 4GB – Intel Integrated Graphic) ) running on Win 7 home Premium,I find that the font and icons is not as clear as in Win XP (Pentium 4 Intel Extreeme Graphic)

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/fonts-in-windows-7-are-fuzzyblurry/0d76de45-0e87-4554-b14c-2aef6eb6ea29

May I know if upgrading the video card to NVidia GT620 would help improve the font clarity?

Thanks

Low

September 3rd, 2012 12:00

Hi SengKuang,

Upgrading the video card from integrated to NVidia GT620 would certainly improve the quality of video output from your system.

However, issue with fonts appearing fuzzy and distorted might be caused due to an outdated video driver or incorrect display settings (resolution, DPI etc.).

Ensure that you have the latest video driver installed on your system. You may download and install the latest drivers for your system from the following link:

http://dell.to/TaOu2V

You may also try different display settings to find one that suits your needs. To change the display settings, perform the steps given below:

To change your screen resolution:

1. Click Start-> Control Panel-> under Appearance and Personalization, click Adjust screen resolution.
2. Click the drop-down list next to Resolution, move the slider to the resolution you want, and then click Apply.
3. The screen will change to the new resolution, if it looks fine, click ‘Keep’ to use the new resolution, or click Revert to go back to the previous resolution.
4. Also choose one of the following options available for changing the text size:

• Smaller - 100% (default). This keeps text and other items at normal size.
• Medium - 125%. This sets text and other items to 125% of normal size.
• Larger - 150%. This sets text and other items to 150% of normal size. Note: This option appears only if your monitor supports a resolution of at least 1200 x 900 pixels.

5. Click OK.

Another thing that you can try is changing the monitor. A larger screen should certainly help. It is also a good idea trying a different video port. Your system has a HDMI port. If your monitor has a HDMI input port, you may connect the monitor via it and see if that helps.

Please revert if you need any further clarifications.

75 Posts

September 14th, 2012 18:00

Hi GautavS,

I have upgraded to 1600 x 900 LED screen and have downloaded and installed the latest Graphic Driver and Win 7 update.

The new screen now look better, the fonts are thinner and sharper.

This issue is now considered resolved.

Thank you

Low

October 19th, 2012 11:00

Hello sir,

I have recently bought my dell inspiron 660s desktop.  It has NVIDIA gt 620 1 gb graphics card.  But this graphics card is not sufficient for me to play games like Crysis.  So i need to update my graphics card.  But i came to know that only graphics card of low profile can be used.  Can you please suggest me that which low profile graphics card would fit my dell inspiron 660s. But i need a gddr5 1gb graphics card in a low profile and it must suit my pc.  Please tell me sir please.  Also please tell me the power usage of dell inspiron 660s (in watts)...Please.  If power supply is not sufficient for upgrading my graphics card..can i increase the power supply?

My specs are 6gb ram

windows 7

1 tb hard disk

1 gb ddr3 nvidia gt 620

http://www.dell.com/in/p/inspiron-660s/pd?oc=v240506in8&model_id=inspiron-660s

this website shows my specs. Please check it. I need to upgrade my video card.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

October 19th, 2012 14:00

The "S" version is not upgradeable.    You need a TOWER so that the Power supply can also be upgraded.

Your model does not allow this.:emotion-9:

October 26th, 2012 07:00

Hello Gaurav,

I have my inspirin 660s and i need to upgarde the power supply unit to 400w. Tell me the suitable PSU for my dell inspiron 660s along with the link please

18 Posts

November 8th, 2012 14:00

I just got an Inspiron 660s and added this card at Dells suggestion, hope this helps. VisionTek Radeon HD 7750 SFF.

Dell part number A6282698

Radeon part number 900549

Sorry, I don't know if it will run Crysis or what the watts are for the 660s.

It is a gdd5 1gb low profile card, and I run Skyrim on it just fine.

6gb ram

windows 8 pro

1 tb hard disk

1gb ddr5 radeon 7750

Intel Core i3-2130 CPU@3.4GHz 3.40 GHz

December 9th, 2012 20:00

Thanks David,

Are you sure that this 7750 graphics card will suit Inspiron 660s. please tell me dude.. where can i buy it..and the product image???

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

December 9th, 2012 21:00

The Sapphire 7750 should work with the stock power supply.

Supposedly, the 660s uses a TFX power supply, and one of the best is the Seasonic 80 Plus Gold 350-watt.

4.4K Posts

May 30th, 2013 01:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with same issue or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                    

4.4K Posts

May 30th, 2013 01:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with same issue or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                    

No Events found!