Highlighted
sonofman5024
1 Copper

Inspiron Desktop RX570 digital display audio not plugged in

HI,

I want to connect my Inspiron to my Denon AVR E-200 receiver with HDMI cable. I connected the video card and the receiver with one HDMI cable, and connected the receiver with monitor with another HDMI cable. I got video working but no sound going through my 5.1 channel speakers. I checked the Playback device and found that Digital Display Audio is showing "not plugged in". Please help. Thank you!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
7 Plutonium

RE: Inspiron Desktop RX570 digital display audio not plugged in

If you ONLY use one HDMI cable and connect between the HDMI port on the PC and the HDMI port on the Denon receiver does that work?    Could be a routing/connection issue in the Denon.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719dgf Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos
sonofman5024
1 Copper

RE: Inspiron Desktop RX570 digital display audio not plugged in

Just tried. If I only connect the computer to the receiver with HDMI. I would have sound. So in this case, how do I have sound and video at the same time? I tried using a DVI to my monitor and got a low resolution screen. And it seems that the graphic card thought I have two displays because when I open something, it won't show up on my monitor but I know it was opened. My cursor can go outside my screen too.

0 Kudos