eslsan
1 Copper

Re: Buzzing noise from Inspiron 2305 All-in-one

Jump to solution

Scouth--

I'm very interested in the refusal to wake up from sleep problem.  I had the same issue with my 2305 and after a few weeks of turning it off manually, the computer totally stopped working.  I got a brand new unit, and after being installed for five days, I'm having the same problem already.  I'm afraid it will lead to another total system failure.   Do you know if there's any way to stop this from happening?   Any settings to adjust?  I just spend four weeks totally without the use of my computer and don't want to go through that again!  (P.S.  Brand new unit still buzzes after waking up from sleep!) 

0 Kudos
ScoutH
6 Indium

Jump to solution

eslsan: I have tried everything I know to do and everything any tech has asked me to try, all to no avail.  The problem persists.

0 Kudos
jonck
6 Indium

Jump to solution

An engineer has called and replace the D4V54 daughter board on my 2310 with a modified D4V54 board.  The capacitor added on fouled the screening cover so the capacitor had to be resoldered and mounted lower on the PCB.

Dell should not have got that physically wrong in my view.  It is also interesting to note where they mount it there are pads for 10 capacitors to be mounted in parallel but they only fit two small caps.  Seems someone desined the board to have much higher capacitance and some one along the way decided not to fit the components and now they have a problem in having to increase again. ...who knows as all guesses.

Anyway! Testing the buzz has stopped when the screen comes on again.  However the volume remains reduced and so yet again have to scan through the input modes to get the volume back where it should be..about twice the level.

So fault still exists but only one symptom now not two.   I now await what Dell do next.

0 Kudos
KrazyDawg
6 Indium

Jump to solution

Is anyone having problems with the PC freezing at random times? It mostly happens when the monitor is sleeping, however I've seen it freeze while actively using it and while the screensaver was up. An error log is generated in Event Viewer showing that the computer had an unexpected system shutdown.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ScoutH
6 Indium

Jump to solution

I have also had my PC freeze up at random times.  I no longer let the monitor sleep because the monitor often refuses to turn on again, although, the PC is still working.  When the PC freezes, the event viewer reports an unexpected system shutdown.

I have also had the AMD video driver crash from time to time.  Currently it crashes every time I try to play an MP4 video (using any video application).

Overall this is a pretty nice machine.  But it has problems.  Customers really shouldn't have to put up with these issues.

0 Kudos
KrazyDawg
6 Indium

Jump to solution

ScoutH: Are you still having a buzzing problem? I'm just wondering if the buzzing problem is associated with the freezing.

0 Kudos
ScoutH
6 Indium

Jump to solution

I am no longer having a buzzing problem since Dell replaced the A/V board on the back of the computer.  I'm glad that problem is gone.  I just wish the other problems were gone as well.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

I sure do hope the issue is solved I just ordered 10 for work and had planned on ordering 30 more.  I do have to pull the wireless cards ( no wireless allowed at work ) so will look at the sound card and see how the current one looks.

we always have the monitors go to sleep to reduce wear and power, but leave the PCs on for updates

0 Kudos
supman2011
1 Copper

Jump to solution

i have the same prob but i have an inspiron 530. let me guess it starts off after about 15 min's of having ur sound on... because i cant figure out y it happens do me to... and whats sad is that i got my speakers with the computer to...

0 Kudos
krandy
6 Indium

Jump to solution

Jon,

FYI, I just read this and did notice that after coming out of Sleep, the volume is not as loud as it was before going into Sleep.  To correct this, I cycle through the inputs (composite, hdmi....) and the sound gets noticably louder again.

I did have the fix to repair the buzzing which did work, but this volume thing bugs me.

Anybody know if Dell has a fix for this problem too?

0 Kudos